Senior Growth Product Manager
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We are looking for a Senior Growth Product Manager to conceive and execute initiatives and experiments to grow our quality and quantity of inbound clients and freelance talent. Are you passionate about working alongside other Growth PMs to help us succeed in our ultimate mission of driving sustainable growth? If so, we encourage you to apply! This role collaborates across our Growth Marketing team as well as cross-functionally and involves a mix of mentorship and hands-on work. This person will work with a team of Growth Product Managers that will focus on Traffic Acquisition (SEO), New Client Leads, Freelance Talent Leads, CMS Development, and Brand Marketing.
This person will define a strategy for long term, strategic, hyper-growth initiatives scaling across all business units. Our ideal candidate excels at out of the box thinking and is able to scope and prioritize larger efforts into more manageable and realistic goals.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Work alongside a team of 6 to deliver on our OKRs and ultimately drive sustainable growth for Toptal.
- To continuously formulate and execute on a roadmap to drive inbound growth, partner closely with the Lead Growth Product Manager, Traffic Leads, and Growth Managers.
- Define and execute high-quality qualitative and quantitative research best practices to evolve and inform the direction of product development.
- Facilitate meetings and workshops that drive collaboration, prioritization, and improve impact, ensuring that good decisions get made.
- Establish effective relationships across numerous teams in the business.
- Establish a shared understanding of business priorities and strategy within your squad and your partners.
- Define and prioritize detailed objectives and specifications for initiatives ranging from landing pages, UX improvements, user engagement tests, technical SEO improvements, nurture flows, and more.
- Coordinate the creative development of design specifications, including ensuring that all work is high-quality and meets goals.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal
- Partner with others to get a fundamental understanding of the teams, goals, and processes.
- Work closely with the growth squad (engineers, designers, traffic leads, growth managers) to explore our history, assets, roadmap, and unexplored opportunities that you can lead.
- Independently start to study and learn the Toptal platform and product suite.
In the first month, expect to:
- Take over independent stories and initiatives, driving them to execution with the teams, validating they are delivered accurately, and measuring success.
- Work alongside the Lead Growth PM on the execution of larger initiatives, ensuring designs meet requirements, initiatives are well-defined, and everything is delivered to specification.
- Start attending the relevant agile rituals such as planning, daily standups, and retros - we want you to get acquainted with Toptal processes through doing.
- Begin to dive into user behavior using our analytics tools and platforms to provide insight into the Growth team and your squad to inform the product roadmap.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Take ownership of your roadmap, coordinating design, engineering, and content where required.
- Build a user research framework for growth and coach other PMs up onto this process.
- Contribute ideas and facilitate workshops and discussions for new experiments and initiatives.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Be able to demonstrate a clear measure of your impact through business results, your partner relationships, and execution excellence.
In the first year, expect to:
- Drive significant impact on revenue growth from inbound clients and talent, using the latest thinking in user experience, growth hacking, SEO, lead nurturing, and conversion optimization.
See the list below as a guide. We are interested in hearing from intelligent, driven people with prior experience in product management and/or digital marketing. Does this sound like you? Please apply!
- Experience in managing, leading, and inspiring a successful team.
- BA/BS degree, preferably in an analytical field.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years of professional experience in either product management, business development, or growth marketing with solid exposure to product management, meaning you have led engineering and design resources.
- Experience leading design and engineering teams, driving the development of high-quality landing pages and digital experiences that effectively accomplish business goals while maintaining brand standards.
- Experience with online growth, SEO, and performance marketing.
- Intermediate level quantitative analytics skills, SQL skills are a strong plus.
- A knack for building simple and effective user interfaces and the ability to communicate ideas and direction through mockups and wireframes.
- Executive communication experience is a strong plus. You should love to visualize and tell stories with data and be able to explain complex concepts to a wide range of audiences.
- A foundational understanding of design thinking, user research, and user testing.
- An extremely sharp eye for detail and a strong sense of what types of creative products will be both effective for growth and representative of the Toptal brand.
- Ability to thrive in rapidly changing environments, with a strong willingness and ability to eliminate ambiguity and execute.
- You are the type of person that craves accountability rather than shuns it.
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.