Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, finance, and project management talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
You will work closely with the Growth team and lead editors of the Toptal Engineering Blog, Toptal Design Blog, Toptal Finance Blog, and Toptal Insights to grow the impact of our publications in our business. You will be ultimately responsible for ideating, prioritizing, and driving high impact growth initiatives across areas including content marketing, distribution, and conversion optimization.
The key focus is to scale high-quality traffic while improving the existing conversions. You will have support and be able to work cross-collaboratively, learn from, and leverage high energy individuals, including growth experts, writers, developers, designers, and data scientists.
This role offers autonomy to reach very tangible goals, whether it is finding opportunity within the current subscriber base (200,000+) or leveraging Toptal’s thought-leading content to reach an even wider audience.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
You will work cross-collaboratively with the Growth and Publications teams to enhance our content marketing strategy, with a focus on obtaining high-quality traffic and converting that traffic to leads/paying Toptal clients. You will drive initiatives across the entire publications pipeline, including topic suggestions, SEO, distribution, and content syndication. Using your analysis of the performance of historic and newly published articles across key metrics, you will leverage your insights to guide future creative direction. You will think critically about Toptal’s readership, targeting syndication and outreach efforts to target audiences of smart, educated, and driven readers. You will become familiar with all sources of related Growth and Publications data and quickly pull, integrate, and analyze data as needed. Your work with the Growth and Product teams will improve Toptal’s online assets by optimizing the UI for conversions and other important user-centric metrics such as time on site. You will create well-reasoned growth hypotheses and conceive, execute, and manage experiments to test those hypotheses. You will work with the Growth Team to rapidly learn new skills and expand your expertise in areas related to how to scale a rapidly growing company. You will use Toptal’s analytics tools to identify high-potential areas for growth, including Google Analytics, Hubspot, Optimizely, and more. Your effective use of data and analytics will evolve and inform the direction of initiatives with extreme detail. You will be in constant communication with team members via Slack and provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to the team.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Meet all the Toptal Publications stakeholders to learn about how Toptal attracts readers and customer prospects to our blogs
In the first month you will:
- Immerse yourself in Publications’ strategy and utilize data to identify new growth opportunities to prioritize.
- Contribute new ideas to improve viralization and conversions, based on well-reasoned hypotheses.
- Support execution of outstanding projects with measured results.
In the first three months you will:
- Fully understand Publications, and how Growth and Publications work together to generate customer prospects through A+ content.
- Design and execute your first growth project to increase traffic and conversions from our Blogs and Toptal Insights.
In the first six months you will:
- Scale the most successful growth campaigns within Publications.
- Be measured by your success in generating traffic and improving conversion rates on the initiatives you lead.
In the first year you will:
- Own and scale the growth strategy for Publications, maximizing the revenue potential of a leading source for online technical content.
- Develop innovative and novel approaches to increase our Blogs’ reach.
- Operate as a subject matter expert on Publications and content marketing broadly within the organization.
- Experience with content marketing with an understanding of best practices is a plus.
- To excel at this position you must have an entrepreneurial mentality and an analytical mindset. A background in STEM is preferred.
- You must be highly motivated by the prospect of scaling a thought-leading application at a hyper-growth company while working across multiple high-energy teams.
- You must have a strong, analytical background in a STEM field, preferably in Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, or Physics.
- Experience with software engineering, design, startups, or the tech industry is preferred.
- You must be a relentless, creative problem solver.
- You must be an extremely quick thinker with a record of rapid turnaround on projects.
- A lean, data-driven mentality and a strong bias for A/B testing and experimentation.
- Be eager to roll up your sleeves and dive in on challenging, complex problems with no clear solutions.
- A strong ability to rapidly learn new skills and an interest in learning about a variety of topics related to startup growth, including SEO, SEM, landing page conversion optimization, viral loops, data science, etc.
- You must have a strong bias towards action and a competitive, results-driven mentality. You must be extremely persistent by nature and unwilling to lose or leave problems unsolved.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Gabriel is our VP of Growth Marketing. He leads our customer acquisition strategy for both SMB and Enterprise segments. His career in technology started at age 13 when he built a revenue-generating social website. Afterward, he worked in management consulting, growth and product management in companies such as Facebook and InsideSales.com. He earned degrees in Industrial Engineering, Data Analytics, and an MBA from Stanford University. Outside of work, Gabriel enjoys training for long distance triathlons and traveling around the world.