Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Growth Strategist, you will be responsible for defining growth strategies and tactics that drive lead acquisition and retention for Toptal. Your primary focus will be to collaborate with the relevant team members within the Marketing Strategy team to formulate strong growth marketing strategies and tactics that relate directly to the marketing initiatives that need them. In addition to the Marketing Strategy team, you will also work with Creative Strategists, Growth Product Managers, Performance Marketing, and Market Insights Managers to decide which growth strategies and tactics will be most effective for any given marketing initiative. You will work to identify new opportunities to optimize conversion rates (within each step of the funnel), bounce rates, click through rates, and traffic/user acquisition. You will also be expected to enhance the user journey in both the pre- and post- sign up experience for every area that you work on.
By understanding the market data, the best ideas from the Marketing teams, and the capabilities that exist within Toptal, you will develop and implement the best growth strategies and tactics possible that will drive the greatest impact relative to the growth marketing metrics you own. You will also be expected to evaluate product improvements and examine any other areas that could help drive stronger performance relative to those same metrics. You are expected to be exceptionally analytical and creative when it comes to managing all growth strategies and tactics.
Growth hacking, viral mechanics, CTR/CRO optimizations, A/B testing, and SEO/SEM will be major areas that you will oversee. You are expected to be an expert in these areas.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Identify, prioritize, and advance opportunities that drive growth of lead acquisition and retention.
- Provide strategic guidance for Growth Product and Performance Marketing, help quantify and prioritize strategic directions and initiatives across all channels and stages of the user journey.
- Ensure that the maximum amount of growth hacks and tactics are maximally infused within all Marketing initiatives.
- Launch new experiments and initiatives and implement iterative improvements, while working with the Marketing Strategy team to identify new opportunities.
- Work with the Business Analytics and Market Insights teams, extrapolating insights and turning those insights into actionable strategies and tactics that both the Brand and Growth Marketing teams can leverage to create and amplify growth initiatives and projects.
- Be familiar with all sources of growth data, so you are able to quickly pull, integrate, and analyze data as needed to effectively evolve and inform the direction and nature of growth initiatives.
- Facilitate effective brainstorming sessions, which contribute to the generation of new ideas that push the boundaries of what’s possible in regards to growth and streamlining the user journey.
In the first week, expect to:
- Work to get up to speed with how the organization runs, including how our OKRs, RACIs, and other operational frameworks work.
- Undergo role-specific training including learning about procedures and tools currently used within our Marketing team.
In the first month, expect to:
- Understand the inner workings of the Marketing team and how they work effectively with other functions within Toptal. You will be expected to identify optimizations and opportunities that you see relating to furthering the growth tactics, organizational dynamics, and capabilities of the Marketing team.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Have a very strong understanding of how the Marketing team and all related external teams are working together with Marketing.
- Come up with new ideas for user journey improvements, expansion of existing channels, and other growth hacks; plan, launch, and test at least one new initiative, capture and analyze the results, and implement improvements.
- Garner the trust of your peers and the individuals who you will work most closely with.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Continue to rapidly ideate, prioritize, and execute new ideas and growth strategies.
- Drive new initiatives and test new concepts, while working closely with other team members to assess the impact.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have demonstrated the successful implementation and execution of several new growth strategies and tactics.
- Be the go-to cross-functional SME for Growth Strategy.
- Fully understand all of marketing activities and be able to contribute to the overall marketing strategy.
- At least 4 years of professional experience with growth hacking, viral mechanics, CTR/CRO optimizations, A/B testing, and SEO/SEM.
- You must have a best-in-class, analytical and data-driven background. Strong analytical thinking is required, experience translating analysis into action is required, and expertise in marketing measurement and evaluation is a strong advantage. Experience with writing SQL queries is required.
- You must be able to easily classify and understand customer personas in order to create effective growth strategies that resonate with that precise customer type.
- Solid technical background is required, including a high-level understanding of the developers’ world, differences between programming languages, and top resources that developers use. Experience with programming is a strong advantage.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.