Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As the Head of Client Experience, you will lead and manage the world-class Client Experience team at Toptal. You will be responsible for refining and executing all policies, systems, and team structures necessary to maintain the highest level of client experience at a global company working around the clock. You will build and manage teams and take ownership over optimization of team performance. You will work closely with clients and the appropriate internal teams at Toptal to quickly and effectively resolve issues. You will also work extensively with sales teams on a variety of initiatives.
You will be the primary person responsible for maintaining and continuously improving Toptal’s commitment to providing world-class client experience.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Lead, organize, and drive execution within the client experience team.
- Track, analyze, report on, and optimize client experience metrics.
- Analyze operational trends and communicate issues to appropriate team leads as needed.
- Identify areas for improvement in client experience, develop initiatives to address these areas, and lead the team in executing and optimizing these initiatives swiftly and effectively.
- Develop and improve client experience best practices and playbooks that reflect Toptal’s commitment to achieving the highest standard of client satisfaction, and use these materials to train new team members effectively.
- Lead the team in communicating effectively with clients and addressing issues rapidly and fully, either through direct action or by pulling in other relevant parties and seeing problems through to their full resolution.
- Work closely with the accounting and HR departments to identify the roots of potential problems and develop sustainable solutions that are effective in the long-term.
- Support the VP of Sales, VP of Enterprise Sales, and various sales team members by leading efforts to conduct research on and build relations with prospective clients.
- Lead weekly team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to the team on strategy.
- Communicate constantly with your team via Skype.
- You must be a strong performer in high-pressure situations and be capable of diffusing situations easily and effectively.
- To excel at this position, you must be energetic and proactive.
- You must be a self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge in the software development field and basic experience with accounting are both a significant plus.
- A strong ability to quickly understand Toptal’s organizational structure and internal processes, and a knack for being able to quickly determine who relevant parties for a particular issue might be.
- You must excel at analyzing data and communicating complex concepts and situations in clear, simple terms.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Alvaro has worked as lead developer, ERP engineer, founder, consultant, recruiter, and BI specialist for companies such as Kenos, The Bristol Group, and The Wornick Company. His experience also encompasses working for various Brazilian chemical companies and taking part in several international projects throughout Europe. Alvaro participated in the F.I.R.S.T international robotics competition where his team, sponsored by Johnson & Johnson Brazil, placed third. As a college freshman Alvaro placed third at the Brazilian Nationals for the Microsoft Imagine Cup Competition in the Software Design Category. In high school, he was a Top 10 World Finalist. At Toptal, Alvaro combines his passion for computer science with his recruiting finesse to find extraordinarily talented and passionate developers around the globe.
- As Toptal’s Director of Operations, Dror works with teams across the company to build their strategic direction, execution frameworks, KPIs/analytics, and team structures, helping Toptal teams evolve to support and drive Toptal’s continued growth. Dror leverages in-depth experience working within a range of Toptal’s operational teams to ensure best practices are surfaced, adopted, and evolved across the company. Dror has a BSE in Chemical and Biological Engineering and a minor in Computer Science from Princeton University.
- As Toptal's VP of Sales, Mark ensures Toptal's clients always enjoy on-demand, white-glove service for their talent needs. As a former Linux HPC engineer and technical sales lead, Mark takes an analytical, results-driven approach to building the sales teams, infrastructure, and processes necessary to both maintain quality, customized client relationships at scale and to ensure that new clients are seamlessly onboarded to the Toptal service. Mark has a BSE in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.