Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers and designers all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-shelf engineering and design talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we’re primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world, and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren’t looking for a job because you’re already killing it, we want you.
As the Head of Client Experience, you will lead and manage the world-class Client Experience team at Toptal. You will be responsible for refining and executing all policies, systems, and team structures necessary to maintain the highest level of client experience at a global company working around the clock. You will build and manage teams and take ownership over optimization of team performance. You will work closely with clients and the appropriate internal teams at Toptal to quickly and effectively resolve issues. You will also work extensively with sales teams on a variety of initiatives.
You will be the primary person responsible for maintaining and continuously improving Toptal’s commitment to providing world-class client experience.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Lead, organize, and drive execution within the client experience team.
- Track, analyze, report on, and optimize client experience metrics.
- Analyze operational trends and communicate issues to appropriate team leads as needed.
- Identify areas for improvement in client experience, develop initiatives to address these areas, and lead the team in executing and optimizing these initiatives swiftly and effectively.
- Develop and improve client experience best practices and playbooks that reflect Toptal’s commitment to achieving the highest standard of client satisfaction, and use these materials to train new team members effectively.
- Lead the team in communicating effectively with clients and addressing issues rapidly and fully, either through direct action or by pulling in other relevant parties and seeing problems through to their full resolution.
- Work closely with the accounting and HR departments to identify the roots of potential problems and develop sustainable solutions that are effective in the long-term.
- Support the VP of Sales, VP of Enterprise Sales, and various sales team members by leading efforts to conduct research on and build relations with prospective clients.
- Lead weekly team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to the team on strategy.
- Communicate constantly with your team via Skype.
- You must be a strong performer in high-pressure situations and be capable of diffusing situations easily and effectively.
- To excel at this position, you must be energetic and proactive.
- You must be a self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge in the software development field and basic experience with accounting are both a significant plus.
- A strong ability to quickly understand Toptal’s organizational structure and internal processes, and a knack for being able to quickly determine who relevant parties for a particular issue might be.
- You must excel at analyzing data and communicating complex concepts and situations in clear, simple terms.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Dror has a BSE in Chemical and Biological Engineering and a minor in Computer Science from Princeton University, where he was the President of the Engineering Honor Society. With extensive prior experience on Toptal's Growth Team as the Head of Marketing & Communications, Dror works with a variety of teams across Toptal as the Director of Operations, focusing on scalable execution frameworks and KPIs. Dror also spends most of his time traveling, frequently visiting Toptalers and Toptal communities around the world.
- Mark comes from a background that combines technical training with real-world business experience. Having earned a BSE in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, he began his career in the Linux HPC industry, later transitioning into online marketing and then into technical sales. As VP of Sales at Toptal, he strives to maintain quality relationships with every client as the company grows.
- Alvaro has worked as lead developer, ERP engineer, founder, consultant, recruiter, and BI specialist for companies such as Kenos, The Bristol Group, and The Wornick Company. His experience also encompasses working for various Brazilian chemical companies and taking part in several international projects throughout Europe. Alvaro participated in the F.I.R.S.T international robotics competition where his team, sponsored by Johnson & Johnson Brazil, placed third. As a college freshman Alvaro placed third at the Brazilian Nationals for the Microsoft Imagine Cup Competition in the Software Design Category. In high school, he was a Top 10 World Finalist. At Toptal, Alvaro combines his passion for computer science with his recruiting finesse to find extraordinarily talented and passionate developers around the globe.