Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As the Head of Paid Media you will work in Toptal’s Growth team. You will specifically own the Paid Media budget that will drive significant impact for our company. You will work closely with all parts of the growth team, not just Paid Media - e.g., Content Marketing, Analytics, SEO, and Growth Strategy - as well as design and engineering teams, to conceive and execute growth initiatives. In any given week, you will spend your time leading the execution of Paid Media budget ensuring ROI efficiency and growth. Thus, you should see yourself as an intrapreneur who makes things happen.
The role would suit someone with at least 3+ years of performance marketing experience and people leadership. The ideal candidate has a degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Econometrics, Data Science, or a similar area.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. However, preference is for those on a European or EST timezone. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
- Ultimately, success is SMB and Enterprise client acquisition via Paid Media traffic from the initiatives you will lead.
- Working closely with the VP of Growth Marketing to act as a trustworthy partner who will fully own the Paid Media Budget from forecasting to execution.
- Perform analysis to determine the viability of new initiatives, including post-implementation success measurement on released initiatives.
- Build a successful partnership with all the teams that will be involved in each strategic project. Success starts with trust.
- Effectively use data and analytics to support strategic and tactical initiatives and the creation of project plans.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Slack.
- Manage a team of performance marketing specialists.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal - meet with the teams and people you will have working relationships with.
- Work closely with the VP of Growth Marketing to get a fundamental understanding of the teams, product, and business operations.
- Work closely with the Paid Media team to dive deep into our history, assets, roadmap, and unexplored opportunities that you will be able to lead.
- Independently start to study and learn the Toptal platform & product suite.
In the first month you will:
- Make yourself knowledgeable with current Paid Media tactics.
- Take over Paid Media’s team management.
- Take ownership of Paid Media Budget.
In the first three months you will:
- You will take our projects to the next level. Whatever we initially thought was going to be the best way to do things, you will reshape it. We expect you to challenge how we do things to make them better.
In the first six months you will:
- Be able to show significant progress - and ideally results of your budget deployments. We want you to be able to show to our CEO how much you have achieved in six months.
In the first year you will:
- Be a success story in the Growth team. You will be able to show concrete, bottom-line impact.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Econometrics, Data Science, or similar area.
- Obsession for Performance: Toptal is a hyper-growth company and you will be on the front lines.
- Analytical: You need to have great analytical skills, which means intermediate or advanced SQL and statistical knowledge.
- Proven experience in Paid Media: you can talk us through a number of approaches and tools for Paid Media. Moreover, we want to hear your prior Paid Media success stories.
- Passion for Performance Marketing: you love to read about Paid Media and growth hacking in general.
- Autonomous: you will have support and direction, but you will also be able to know how to self-manage your own time, prioritizing the projects you have and knowing when to seek clarity on what is most important or urgent.
- Curious: you are curious about how things work and why. You are not satisfied with a superficial knowledge of how something works, or why users take a certain action.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, and often rapidly changing, environment with a strong emphasis on individual contributions and execution excellence.
- Experience working with designers. You know when to provide a tight brief versus when to give more creative space.
- A proven track record of running successful B2B campaigns.
- A strong ability to rapidly learn new skills and an interest in learning about a variety of topics related to startup growth, including landing page conversion optimization, viral loops, data science, etc.
- Proven experience managing teams successfully.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- This is a remote position that requires self-starters. No one will monitor your working hours but you will be expected to consistently contribute value and deliver results.
- Be eager to roll up your sleeves and dive in on challenging, complex problems with no clear solutions.
- You must also be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #midwest #ussouth #northeast #uk #individualcontributorEurope #toronto
EST to European