Head of Global Paid Media
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We are looking for a Head of Global Paid Media to join Toptal as a member of our senior leadership team! You will own Toptal’s paid media budget and will drive significant B2B client acquisition for our organization. You will collaborate with all parts of the Growth team, as well as Design, Engineering, and senior leaders across the organization to effectively conceive and execute various growth initiatives. Through rapidly testing and iterating, as well as collaboratively setting ambitious OKRs, you will ensure outstanding campaign performance. You will design strategies for paid and display channels, demand generation, and long-term remarketing. As a dynamic leader who sets high-quality standards, we need an intrapreneur who makes things happen, leading our projects to the next level.
The ideal candidate has a degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Econometrics, Data Science, or a similar area. This role reports to the Vice President of Growth Marketing.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Ultimately, success is SMB and Enterprise client acquisition via paid media traffic from the initiatives you will lead.
- Design the overall paid media strategy for client acquisition with a special focus in Adwords, but not limited to it.
- Design the demand generation strategy for display channels such as GDN, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Design a long-term remarketing strategy.
- Work closely with your executive partners to act as a credible partner who will fully own the paid media budget from forecasting to execution.
- Work with other teams to design and amplify inbound marketing funnels to capture high-quality leads and classify them according to their readiness to buy our services.
- Work with the Director of SEO to create synergies that would improve client acquisition.
- Perform analysis to determine the viability of new initiatives, including post-implementation success measurement on released initiatives.
- Ensure consistent strategic and tactical alignment throughout your team by collaboratively establishing ambitious Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) for the Paid Media function.
- Effectively use data and sophisticated analytics to support initiatives and the creation of project plans.
- Continuously integrate machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques into paid strategies.
- Efficiently lead the paid growth team, encouraging opportunities for growth and mentorship.
- Build positive relationships with all the teams that will be involved in each strategic project.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal - meet with the teams and people you will have working relationships with.
- Partner with our VP of Growth Marketing to get a fundamental understanding of the team and business operations.
- Learn from our Paid Media team and dive deep into our history, assets, roadmap, and unexplored opportunities that you can lead.
- Independently start to study and learn the Toptal platform.
In the first month, expect to:
- Learn our current paid media tactics.
- Take over the Paid Media’s team management.
- Take ownership of the budget for paid media.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Improve our project performance. Whatever we initially thought was going to be the best way to do things, you will reshape it. We expect you to challenge how we do things to make them better.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Show significant progress and results of your budget deployments. We want you to show our CEO how much you have achieved in six months.
In the first year, expect to:
- Be a success story and able to show concrete, bottom-line impact.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Econometrics, Data Science, or similar area.
- An obsession for performance; Toptal is a hyper-growth company and you are on the front lines.
- Outstanding analytical skills, which means intermediate or advanced SQL and statistical knowledge.
- Proven experience in paid media, expertise in a number of approaches and tools. Able to share your paid growth success stories.
- Experience implementing sophisticated allocation and forecasting techniques, including incorporating machine learning and AI.
- Experience working in an Enterprise-level company managing multi-million dollar paid media budgets.
- A passion for Paid Growth. You love to read about paid media and growth hacking in general.
- Autonomy to self-manage your own time, prioritizing the projects you have and knowing when to seek clarity on what is most important or urgent.
- Curiosity about how things work and why. You are not satisfied with a superficial knowledge of how something works or why users take a certain action.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, and often rapidly changing, environment with a strong emphasis on individual contributions and execution excellence.
- Experience working with designers. You know when to provide a tight brief versus when to give more creative space.
- A demonstrated track record of running successful B2B campaigns.
- A strong ability to rapidly learn new skills and an interest in learning about a variety of topics related to startup growth, including landing page conversion optimization, viral loops, data science, etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams successfully.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starters who consistently contribute value and deliver results.
- Eagerness to roll up your sleeves and dive in on challenging, complex problems with no clear solutions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.