Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
You will be responsible for developing and leading Toptal’s strategic channel partnership initiatives with organizations on the scale of large, enterprise-level companies. You will work closely with the executive team and various team leaders to identify and develop strong, mutually beneficial relationships with companies that have strategically compatible areas of expertise. You will be responsible for planning, executing, and maintaining a variety of large-scale business development initiatives.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Identify large organizations who are strategically well-positioned to accelerate Toptal’s growth into enterprise business and develop strong, long-term partnerships with relevant parties at these companies.
- Identify potential channel partners across a variety of clusters, segmented by industry, geography, and specific area of expertise.
- Collaborate with the executive team to build and maintain a pipeline of relationships with potential partners, taking responsibility for the relationship throughout all stages.
- Close partnership agreements while properly balancing company goals, speed, and economic potential.
- Evaluate the financial and non-financial benefits and risks of new partnerships.
- Take primary responsibility for the execution and integration of new partnerships.
- Track, report, and optimize the performance of partnerships, including identifying issues as they arise, assessing possible solutions, and executing those solutions.
- Collaborate with designers, marketers, and other relevant team members to make exceptional partnership collateral.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to team members on partnership initiatives.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Skype.
- A strong history of senior leadership in planning and closing deals with enterprise-level companies.
- Ability to identify, meet, and build relationships with key stakeholders at companies strategically positioned to accelerate Toptal’s growth.
- You must be an energetic, proactive self-starter who is highly capable of identifying and executing the necessary steps needed to drive forward channel partnerships.
- Ability to identify and form relationships with relevant decision makers at candidate channel partner organizations.
- An exceptional understanding of organizational structures, priorities, and areas of expertise.
- Outstanding ability to envision, clearly define, and execute channel partnership opportunities that are mutually beneficial on a long-term basis.
- A tremendous talent for evaluating the ramifications of prospective partnerships across a number of different planes and the ability to prioritize initiatives appropriately according to company goals.
- An exceptional network of business contacts, particularly in the enterprise space, and the ability to leverage those contacts to facilitate partnership opportunities.
- Experience facilitating partnerships across multiple industries.
- While a technical background is not required, you must be excellent at using data and quantitative approaches for decision making.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Breanden has been an engineer, founder, CTO, and consultant in industries ranging from aerospace to financial services to high tech. He has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University, where he was previously asked to speak at TEDxPrincetonU, giving a talk on time optimization and resource management. As a Toptal co-founder, Breanden frequently writes about scaling a hyper-growth and distributed company, and he has been featured on the blog of Tim Ferriss, The Huffington Post, and many others. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, developers, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales.
- Mark comes from a background that combines technical training with real-world business experience. Having earned a BSE in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, he began his career in the Linux HPC industry, later transitioning into online marketing and then into technical sales. As VP of Sales at Toptal, he strives to maintain quality relationships with every client as the company grows.
- With experience as a lead engineer at Fotolog (acquired by Hi-Media for $100m) and Slide (acquired by Google for $228m), as well as experience with his own start-ups, Taso brings top engineering knowledge and management experience to Toptal. While running a small engineering consulting firm, Taso recognized that while many of his co-workers overseas were just as good as his friends and colleagues at Google, Facebook, and other companies with distinguished engineering talent, it was simply very difficult for such companies to connect with the right engineers remotely. Toptal was thus created as a solution to the sky-rocketing demand for top engineers in Silicon Valley, the US, and Europe despite the shrinking local graduation rates of such engineers. Taso was recently selected by Forbes as one of its 30 under 30 in Enterprise Technology.