Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
You will be responsible for developing and leading Toptal’s strategic channel partnership initiatives with organizations on the scale of large, enterprise-level companies. You will work closely with the executive team and various team leaders to identify and develop strong, mutually beneficial relationships with companies that have strategically compatible areas of expertise. You will be responsible for planning, executing, and maintaining a variety of large-scale business development initiatives.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
- Identify large organizations who are strategically well-positioned to accelerate Toptal’s growth into enterprise business and develop strong, long-term partnerships with relevant parties at these companies.
- Identify potential channel partners across a variety of clusters, segmented by industry, geography, and specific area of expertise.
- Collaborate with the executive team to build and maintain a pipeline of relationships with potential partners, taking responsibility for the relationship throughout all stages.
- Close partnership agreements while properly balancing company goals, speed, and economic potential.
- Evaluate the financial and non-financial benefits and risks of new partnerships.
- Take primary responsibility for the execution and integration of new partnerships.
- Track, report, and optimize the performance of partnerships, including identifying issues as they arise, assessing possible solutions, and executing those solutions.
- Collaborate with designers, marketers, and other relevant team members to make exceptional partnership collateral.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to team members on partnership initiatives.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Zoom.
- A strong history of senior leadership in planning and closing deals with enterprise-level companies.
- Ability to identify, meet, and build relationships with key stakeholders at companies strategically positioned to accelerate Toptal’s growth.
- You must be an energetic, proactive self-starter who is highly capable of identifying and executing the necessary steps needed to drive forward channel partnerships.
- Ability to identify and form relationships with relevant decision makers at candidate channel partner organizations.
- An exceptional understanding of organizational structures, priorities, and areas of expertise.
- Outstanding ability to envision, clearly define, and execute channel partnership opportunities that are mutually beneficial on a long-term basis.
- A tremendous talent for evaluating the ramifications of prospective partnerships across a number of different planes and the ability to prioritize initiatives appropriately according to company goals.
- An exceptional network of business contacts, particularly in the enterprise space, and the ability to leverage those contacts to facilitate partnership opportunities.
- Experience facilitating partnerships across multiple industries.
- While a technical background is not required, you must be excellent at using data and quantitative approaches for decision making.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #LI-DNI
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal's VP of Sales, Mark ensures Toptal's clients always enjoy on-demand, white-glove service for their talent needs. As a former Linux HPC engineer and technical sales lead, Mark takes an analytical, results-driven approach to building the sales teams, infrastructure, and processes necessary to both maintain quality, customized client relationships at scale and to ensure that new clients are seamlessly onboarded to the Toptal service. Mark has a BSE in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
- As Toptal’s co-founder and CEO, Taso manages Toptal’s core team of hundreds of team members distributed throughout the world, with a focus on innovation. Since Toptal was founded in 2010, Taso has led it to become the largest high-skilled labor marketplace in the world. Taso serves on the board of multiple organizations, advising on talent strategy and innovation for Fortune 100s and non-profits. Taso has guest lectured at Harvard Business School, Wharton, and Oxford on talent management and entrepreneurship.