Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
The Toptal core team has scaled very rapidly as the company has grown, and it is critical that Toptal’s cultural values of personal growth and mentorship and our remote work best practices remain strong throughout the organization. As the Head of People Operations, your primary responsibility will be to ensure the successful onboarding of all new hires and the continued learning and development of all core team members.
You will work closely with all teams and individuals across the company, develop and coordinate the execution of a variety of onboarding programs, create onboarding materials and learning tools, and identify and fix onboarding issues. You will also be the primary culture carrier at the company, and will be responsible for ensuring that Toptal’s values remain strong as we scale.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Ensure all new hires are successfully onboarded and properly set up for long-term success at the company.
- Coordinate between different team leaders to ensure all tasks related to the onboarding process are completed effectively.
- Develop learning tools, guides to processes at the company, and a variety of other forms of onboarding materials.
- Identify onboarding and employee growth issues in teams across the company and work with the appropriate people to find long-term solutions.
- Build, enhance, and spread Toptal’s culture throughout all levels of the organization.
- Regularly meet with everyone at the organization to identify and execute on areas where greater employee growth can be enabled.
- Monitor, optimize, and report on growth metrics and KPIs.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Communicate constantly with teams via Skype.
- Strong experience building culture at rapidly growing organizations.
- A creative and effective history of building unique, world-class initiatives for employee learning and development.
- To excel at this position, you must be energetic and proactive.
- You must be a self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
- You must be an excellent leader with an exceptional ability to explain complex concepts clearly while dealing with multiple people, teams, projects, and priorities.
- You need to be comfortable with all aspects of global recruitment and management of global teams, and you must always be an outstanding brand ambassador.
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills.
- A deep understanding of how effective culture and employee growth initiatives work at both small and large companies.
- Ability to identify issues impeding team and individual growth and a sense for how to fix those problems.
- While a technical background is not required, you must be excellent at using data and quantitative approaches for decision making.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal's co-founder and COO, Breanden drives Toptal's growth by building world-class teams and operational infrastructure spanning 40+ countries to meet the talent needs of Toptal's 10,000+ clients. As a frequent writer, Breanden has published articles on leadership of distributed teams and hypergrowth company culture. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, talent, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales. Breanden has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University.
- As Toptal’s co-founder and CEO, Taso manages Toptal’s core team of hundreds of team members distributed throughout the world, with a focus on innovation. Since Toptal was founded in 2010, Taso has led it to become the largest high-skilled labor marketplace in the world. Taso serves on the board of multiple organizations, advising on talent strategy and innovation for Fortune 100s and non-profits. Taso has guest lectured at Harvard Business School, Wharton, and Oxford on talent management and entrepreneurship.