Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, finance, and project management talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As the Head of Talent Strategy at Toptal, you will play an instrumental role in growing the world’s leading provider of global, high-quality, on-demand freelance talent. You will analyze, define, and refine strategies related to the supply and demand of our talent network. You will work cross-functionally with a number of stakeholders to define and monitor market demand, anticipated client demand, and potential gaps with our skill supply. You will develop systems to help us become more efficient in how we recruit and retain freelance talent, and provide data visibility around our existing talent pools.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
You will own the responsibility of developing and refining strategy for regulating the supply and demand of the Toptal network. You will work with our sales teams to develop a deep understanding of the current and future needs of our clients. You will work with our sourcing and screening teams to develop a deep understanding of the supply chain of our talent. You will develop systems to analyze and forecast market demands for skill-sets, sharing trend data with executive leadership. Understanding the market for high-skilled labor, you will work closely with the Talent Development Lead, Head of Publications, Head of Community, and external strategic partners to develop cutting-edge experiments and initiatives.
In the first week, you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision, with a heavy focus on how verticals operate at Toptal.
- Shadow key teams across the company to learn the core of Toptal’s operations and capabilities, including SMB, Enterprise, and Talent Operations.
In the first month, you will:
- Gain an understanding of existing tools, resources, team members, and complex workflows.
In the first three months, you will:
- Start to launch new experiments and initiatives.
- Evaluate success.
- Adapt quickly.
In the first six months, you will:
- Take ownership of full initiatives and lead the function autonomously.
- Be able to report insightfully on progress and priorities.
- Understand what’s working and what’s not, and strategically plan for the future.
In the first year, you will:
- Become ingrained in Toptal’s core business.
- Collaborate highly with other team members and functions.
- Become a trusted voice in guiding Toptal’s company-wide talent strategy.
- 3+ years experience in strategic roles.
- Strong knowledge of the consulting, professional services, and/or talent space is preferred.
- You must be a strong strategic thinker. You must be capable of understanding market demand and use this to formulate strategies for talent acquisition, sales, and forecasting customer demand.
- Significant strategic research and analysis experience with a strong understanding of how to build a compelling, data-driven business case.
- Practical experience testing concepts, validating hypothesis and informing planning and development.
- Hustle. You understand how to build from the ground up and will dive in and do whatever is needed to drive growth.
- Resourcefulness. You should be a self-starter who thrives on the freedom and accountability that comes with leading your portion of the business.
- Adaptability. You should be able to identify opportunities, successes, and failures quickly and act upon them in a thoughtful manner.
- Passion. Our goal is to change the way organizations build teams and how the world’s top talent finds opportunities. You have to be passionate about what we do, and be a strong advocate of the change we are driving in the market.
- Communication. Our clients are global, our talent community is global, and our core team is global. Good communication is at the core of everything we do, and you must be a strong communicator able to speak to a wide range of stakeholders and team members, across a wide range of geographies.
- Ownership. You take responsibility for the success of project manager clients, talent, and finances.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
- Open to giving and receiving challenging feedback.
United States or Latin America
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Alvaro has worked as lead developer, ERP engineer, founder, consultant, recruiter, and BI specialist for companies such as Kenos, The Bristol Group, and The Wornick Company. His experience also encompasses working for various Brazilian chemical companies and taking part in several international projects throughout Europe. Alvaro participated in the F.I.R.S.T international robotics competition where his team, sponsored by Johnson & Johnson Brazil, placed third. As a college freshman Alvaro placed third at the Brazilian Nationals for the Microsoft Imagine Cup Competition in the Software Design Category. In high school, he was a Top 10 World Finalist. At Toptal, Alvaro combines his passion for computer science with his recruiting finesse to find extraordinarily talented and passionate developers around the globe.
- Eryn is a well-seasoned team lead with extensive experience building and implementing successful marketing and launch campaigns for a number of large technology brands. At Toptal, Eryn leads the Community Team which helps tie together initiatives from many areas such as growth, sourcing, marketing, sales, and matching. Eryn is a true digital nomad and has worked and traveled in over 25 countries and is also a Remote Year alumni.