HR Manager, Europe
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Are you passionate about crafting an exciting, encouraging and collaborative working environment? Toptal’s HR Manager will be responsible for building and managing employee relations to ensure that Toptal continues to be an amazing place to work. Some other focuses for this role include compliance, benefits, and employee wellness and recognition programs. It is the HR Manager’s duty to ensure Toptal remains a place where smart, ambitious people can do their best work and grow professionally!
The role works with highly motivated teams to plan, implement, and optimize human resource initiatives and systems designed to improve productivity at Toptal.
This HR Manager role is remote, which means one can work from anywhere in Europe. We do not provide visa sponsorship. Only communication and resumes submitted in English will be accepted.
- Lead the development and launch of new HR wellness, recognition, and other initiatives that will have maximum impact on our international employees.
- Manage new and existing employee data within multiple HR-related systems.
- Provide compensation mentorship in alignment with Toptal’s pay-for-performance culture and support the compensation planning process.
- Assist managers and employees in resolving employee relations issues.
- Manage regulatory compliance, including directing HR functions of the company following both applicable federal/state regulations and policies and Toptal practices.
- Understand, interpret, and appropriately apply employment regulations, effectively implementing updates to maintain compliant policies.
- Coach employees, at all levels, the interpretation and application of human resource policies and procedures.
- Establish a shared vision among team members and across the company through team-specific and company-wide programs.
- Specify and research initiatives with long-term impact and sustainability in mind.
- Work closely with all teams and employees to solve problems, communicate initiatives, and ensure seamless integration of new team members.
- Effectively use data and analytics to evolve and inform the direction of all HR programs.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to the team on compliance and strategy.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Slack.
- 7+ years of directly applicable HR experience working with cross-functional global technical teams, preferably in a tech start-up or hypergrowth environment.
- 3+ years experience with global employee benefits.
- Previous experience working remotely and collaborating with remote global teams.
- Expertise with Human Resource Management Systems and a love of working with data.
- Experience supporting rapidly-moving product and operations initiatives driven by highly collaborative teams accustomed to restructuring on the fly.
- Strong leadership and group facilitation skills and an aptitude for connecting with team members located all over the world with a variety of different backgrounds and core talents.
- Significant experience with HR management in a high-paced, metrics-focused, hyper-growth technology work environment, including strong familiarity with the best professional practices.
- Proven capability in mentoring managers on various HR functional areas with specific experience coaching organizational leaders on performance management options.
- Ability to recognize trends within the company and design detailed, goal-oriented HR initiatives.
- A proven analytical background and business, advising, and change management awareness.
- Ability to build and scale initiatives in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- Excellent knowledge of employment law (both U.S. and globally).
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here to tell other people what to do.