Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
You will be responsible for creating and managing employee relations, compliance, benefits, wellness, and recognition programs to ensure that Toptal continues to be a superior environment in which smart, ambitious people can do their best work and grow professionally. You will work with highly motivated teams to plan, implement, and optimize human resource initiatives and systems designed to enhance productivity at Toptal.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in Europe. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
- Lead the development, and launch of new HR wellness, recognition and other initiatives that will have maximum impact to our international employees.
- Manage new and existing employee data within multiple HR-related systems.
- Provide compensation guidance in alignment with Toptal’s pay-for-performance culture and support the compensation planning process.
- Assist managers and employees in resolving employee relations issues.
- Manage regulatory compliance, including directing HR functions of the company in accordance with both applicable federal/state regulations and policies and Toptal practices.
- Understand, interpret, and appropriately apply employment regulations, effectively implementing updates to maintain compliant policies.
- Coach managers and employees in the interpretation and application of human resource policies and procedures.
- Establish a shared vision among team members and across the company through team-specific and company-wide programs.
- Specify and research initiatives with long-term impact and sustainability in mind.
- Work closely with all teams and employees to solve problems, communicate initiatives, and ensure seamless integration of new team members.
- Effectively use data and analytics to evolve and inform the direction of all HR programs.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to the team on compliance and strategy.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Slack.
- 7+ years of directly applicable HR experience working with cross-functional global technical teams, preferably in a tech start-up or hypergrowth environment.
- 3+ years experience with global employee benefits.
- Previous experience working remotely and collaborating with remote global teams.
- Expertise with Human Resource Management Systems and a love of working with data.
- Experience supporting rapidly-moving product and operations initiatives driven by highly collaborative teams accustomed to restructuring on the fly.
- Strong leadership and group facilitation skills and an aptitude for connecting with team members located all over the world with a variety of different backgrounds and core talents.
- Significant experience with HR management in a high-paced, data-driven, hypergrowth technology work environment, including strong familiarity with best practices.
- Proven capability in coaching managers on various HR functional areas with specific experience coaching organizational leaders on performance management options.
- Ability to recognize trends within the company and design systematic, goal-oriented HR initiatives.
- A strong analytical background and business, consulting, and change management acumen.
- Ability to build and scale initiatives in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- Excellent knowledge of employment law (both U.S. and globally).
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #LI-DNI
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Alisa has extensive experience as an HR leader, with a focus on developing HR infrastructure for small business and start-ups. She has a background as an educator, and specializes in coaching, developing, and motivating employees and teams. She has been with Toptal since 2015.
- As Toptal’s VP of People, Michelle leads People and Recruiting, to ensure that we attract and retain top talent and that each Toptal core team member is set up for success as they onboard and start their journey at Toptal. Michelle and her team collaborate with all teams to ensure that their performance, career path, benefits, and training all contribute to a positive and challenging work environment that pushes each team member to be the best contributor and have the most impact to the organization. Michelle also ensures that each team member is culturally aligned with Toptal’s key values and company vision. Michelle has over 20 years in HR and Recruiting field in various industries and holds a BA in Political Science from the University of Arizona.