Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Creating beautiful content both for our website and for print is crucial to us, and we’re always looking for talented illustrators to help us reach the next level.
By joining our team, you’ll get the opportunity to work on a variety projects with a team of top designers, illustrators, and front-end experts from around the world. At Toptal, we push the boundaries of graphics and illustration every single day, and we’d love for you to help us take this even further.
We don’t cut corners, and we don’t make compromises—we create beautiful illustrations for web and print that are polished and contribute seamlessly to user experience.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
- Create and maintain clean, consistent, and beautiful illustrations.
- Work with various teams to create illustrations for the Toptal Engineering Blog, press releases, presentations, billboards, etc.
- Collaborate with the design team and give feedback to designers and fellow illustrators.
- Help to create and maintain Toptal branding.
- Be highly communicative and responsive while managing multiple ongoing projects.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Onboard and mentor new team members.
- You must have 2+ years of professional illustration experience.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch is a must. Experience with animations is preferred.
- You must have a strong record of making highly recognizable, clean illustrations.
- Be comfortable with a flexible and hard-working remote environment.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #LI-DNI
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Jin has been designing for the web since the mid '90s. Throughout his long career in design he has worked in agencies, corporate, government and startups. Before joining Toptal, Jin was the design manager at Stack Overflow where he built and led a fully remote team of diverse and talented product and marketing designers, creative directors, and UX researchers. Jin also has a background in computer engineering and programmed professionally. As the VP of Design at Toptal, Jin sets the design vision, strategy, workflow and team structure to achieve world-class design status for the business. Jin and his design team collaborate closely with product, marketing, and engineering teams at scale.