Inside Sales Representative - EMEA
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Be a part of Toptal’s dramatic growth and directly impact scaling companies! Our inbound sales team helps companies solve their talent shortage problems by introducing them to our elite talent network. Toptal only accepts the best - we accept less than 3% of applicants, and we connect organizations to the talent they need with unmatched speed and efficiency. On average, we provide less than two candidates per hire, find candidates in less than 24 hours, and have a 98% success rate. Imagine what you could do with such a powerful model!
This person will be joining a high-energy team whose job is to introduce clients from around the world to Toptal. The team speaks daily with executives, managers, and engineers at companies across a broad range of industries and sizes. To succeed in this role, someone should have, outstanding discipline, be highly passionate, and possess keen attention to detail. The team thrives in a fast-paced environment, and consistently responds to constant challenges, exceeds sales goals, and goes above and beyond as needed.
This is a remote position. However, we require applicants to reside in-market. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Collaborate with the team with regard to claiming and responding to all inbound client inquiries.
- Research clients to better connect with them, understand their needs, and identify critical business opportunities.
- Remain highly informed about industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Discover and verify client fit.
- Establish new business relationships with prospective clients, taking ownership of the generation of new business for Toptal.
- Track your performance against quantitative goals, brainstorming and executing optimizations as needed.
- Be in constant communication with your team via Slack or Zoom.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our team members, and our story.
- Begin our 1-1 sales training process which conveys our value proposition, sales process, and delivery method.
- Become acquainted with the cross-functional teams that you will be working alongside to close new business.
In the first month, expect to:
- Complete our personalized sales training program, including mock calls and role-play scenarios.
- Begin to claim and call leads, understanding their initial needs, overcoming any objections, presenting the value proposition of Toptal, and closing the leads that are a good fit for Toptal and our model.
- Work alongside the various business units to ensure your prospects are progressing through the funnel.
- Begin closing new business.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Be fully ramped up and integrated into the team.
- Complete additional vertical specific training.
- Possess a healthy pipeline of prospects that are working through your funnel.
- Exhibit a successful track record of hitting sales goals.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Have a solid history of claiming and closing new business by consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Identify areas of process improvement to help increase efficiency and effectiveness for the team.
In the first year, expect to:
- Begin to mentor new members of the team, helping them learn about Toptal, our model, and pass along standard methodologies.
- Continue to gain and close new business along with managing your funnel to consistently meet and exceed sales targets.
- Become a productive, collaborative, and consistent contributor on the team.
- 2-6 years of experience, including experience in full-cycle B2B sales
- Someone with outstanding customer relations skills, exceptional communication, and have excellent phone manners will thrive.
- Be highly motivated and continuously strive for personal and professional improvement.
- Develop deep knowledge of Toptal’s value proposition and connect it to the client’s needs.
- Possess a positive, confident, and inspiring attitude.
- Ability and desire to discover issues and help clients resolve them.
- Capable of flourishing in an ambitious environment.
- This person should have exceptional time management skills.
- Previous sales experience or technical background is a plus, but not required.
- Must be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do