IT Integration Engineer
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As an IT Operations Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for automating processes, integrating in-house and third-party applications, and corporate technologies. To be successful in this role your natural resourcefulness is essential as you will continuously look for opportunities to make improvements and deliver value to the organization as a whole. You are a creative thinker, with an outside-of-the-box approach and an extraordinary ability to adapt and learn. You are technically oriented, and results-driven, a self-starter with a proactive attitude, and ability to define strategies and execute with limited guidance, while keeping work well-documented.
This is a remote position that is independent of your location. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
As a member of the IT Projects team, you will be working closely with our Risk and Compliance Team, People Team, as well as with our ITOps Team to automate and maintain the on- and offboarding activities of our Core Team Members. Your main focus will be the automation of critical processes, ensuring consistency in the use of tools and permissions across our company. Secondly, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining integrations between different applications. You will be using your problem-solving skills and analytical mindset to investigate automation deviations related to web-based software. You will occasionally offer users support following best support and administration procedures. Ultimately, your work will be directly impacting our team’s efficient usage of various technical tools on a day-to-day basis across the entire organization.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn about Toptal’s company-wide tools and systems.
In the first month, expect to:
- Understand processes for onboarding and offboarding.
- Understand processes for managing technical tool data including documentation.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Work closely with the ITOps team and the Risk and Compliance team members as well as other IT Integration team members.
- Be able to resolve integration issues between our systems.
- Have a clear overview of the company structure.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Develop and maintain tools to automate processes for company-wide tools.
- Collaborate with different functions to discover opportunities for process improvements.
In the first year, expect to:
- Provide IT automation, often related to issues with access to the company tools and user roles.
- Ensure our processes are resilient and maintainable.
- Experience working on operations automation and integration strategies with a focus on developing integration design patterns for various SaaS applications.
- Strong Ruby or Python scripting skills and API automation experience. Solid understanding of browser functionality (cookies, sessions, extensions) - the majority of the tools we use are web-based.
- Strong expertise in and knowledge of OAuth, SAML, OpenID, Single Sign-on (SSO), Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), and Privileged Access Management.
- Fundamental (or In-depth) knowledge in securely implementing/configuring and integrating cloud IdP/IAM solutions.
- Good understanding of software development workflow, versioning systems and continuous integration concepts.
- Experience supporting users in a global environment and varying time zones, from rom cloud based application support to administering tools such as Google Workspace, Slack, Jira, Zoom.
- Maintain and own support procedure documentation for various integration pipelines in collaboration with our application support teams.
- Experience in analyzing, designing, developing, implementing automation workflows in support of JML tasks and user provisioning/de-provisioning tasks.
- Knowledge of Security Best Practices and Credential Management (VPN, Cloud-based Password Managers).
- Knowledge or willingness to learn Identity Governance and Identity Lifecycle Management Products.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.