Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As the Latin America Community Lead, you will work with a high-energy team whose job is to grow the Toptal community and engage and support thousands of Toptal engineers and designers from around the world, with a focus on recruitment and engagement in Latin America. You will work with dozens of local leaders to organize events and encourage learning, communication, and collaboration, accelerating the already thriving Toptal community. You will also work with the Community Team to drive high-impact initiatives that ensure that Toptalers always have opportunities to create value for themselves in many different ways.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Work with the Community Team to define and execute creative, geographically-focused community initiatives by partnering with and supporting tech and entrepreneurship organizations in cities across Latin America.
- Regularly travel to a variety of Latin American cities to meet with conference organizers, plan and execute events, and build relationships with local tech communities.
- Maintain and grow Toptal’s strong network of contacts and partners in Latin America.
- Lead high-impact Community Team initiatives for both developers and designers designed to engage the Toptal community in value-providing ways.
- Monitor, optimize, and report on community growth and engagement metrics, including identifying and prioritizing geographic areas that have a high potential for improvement.
- Contribute to weekly team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Communicate constantly with teams via Skype.
- You should be based in Latin America, or be willing to regularly spend extended periods of time in Latin America.
- To excel at this position, you must be energetic and proactive, with strong interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- You must be a self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
- Experience with large tech-oriented events in Latin America, preferably in a speaking or organizational role.
- You must be an excellent leader with an exceptional ability to explain complex concepts clearly while dealing with multiple projects and priorities.
- You need to be comfortable with all aspects of global recruitment, and you must always be an outstanding Toptal ambassador, including frequent communication both with the Toptal community and with external sponsors.
- Ability to thoroughly research opportunities and prioritize them based on impact.
- Ability to analyze data and quickly identify and prioritize opportunities or areas of concern.
- While a technical background is not required, you must be excellent at using data and quantitative approaches for decision making.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Breanden has been an engineer, founder, CTO, and consultant in industries ranging from aerospace to financial services to high tech. He has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University, where he was previously asked to speak at TEDxPrincetonU, giving a talk on time optimization and resource management. As a Toptal co-founder, Breanden frequently writes about scaling a hyper-growth and distributed company, and he has been featured on the blog of Tim Ferriss, The Huffington Post, and many others. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, developers, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales.
- Dror has a BSE in Chemical and Biological Engineering and a minor in Computer Science from Princeton University, where he was the President of the Engineering Honor Society. At Toptal, Dror helps teams across the company scale through improved execution frameworks, analytics, and hiring practices, ensuring that team operating models evolve to support Toptal’s rapid growth. Dror also spends most of his time traveling, frequently visiting Toptalers and Toptal communities around the world.