Lead Editor for Product and Project Management Blogs
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We are looking for a Lead Editor for our Product and Project Management blogs to ensure that our blogs grow as world-class publications for top product and project managers. This person will be responsible for defining and executing each publication’s strategy, establishing and maintaining an extremely high bar for all articles, and guiding the direction of the blogs to be the top authority on these topics.
Are you passionate about developing and curating in-depth guides, tutorials, and thought leadership articles on important industry trends? If so, we encourage you to apply!
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
The Lead Editor will research and analyze the work of leading Product/Project Management publications, in order to define and build our publication strategy. We expect the Lead Editor to work with global Product and Project Managers to publish in-depth research on the most meaningful concepts and trends in the space. You will display the ability to define what an A+ Toptal article looks like and ensure that all pieces crafted meet this bar. Working with network experts, you will stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments, and reviewing relevant articles published by other thought leaders.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn about Toptal’s offerings.
- Onboard onto the Publications team by working closely with the suite of resources available to you.
In the first month, expect to:
- Publish your first article on the blog focused on A+ topics that resonate with other specialists.
- Partner with network experts across a variety of fields to showcase their expertise through educational studies (practical, theoretical, and/or conceptual) crafted for an audience of other top managers.
- Define and execute the publication strategy for both publications.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Work with the Editor-in-Chief on distribution techniques to grow our publications’ impact.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on meaningful developments and providing intelligence to the Toptal team.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Work with your team to build up the cadence and visibility of the publications.
In the first year, expect to:
- Run and continuously scale full-fledged publications, consistently working to improve the quality and impact of the publication via partnerships and assets across Toptal (PR, Events, Community, etc).
- Strong experience in writing, editing, and content creation. Preference for business, technology, and industry-focused content.
- Strong understanding of important trends and key issues related to our industries.
- Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- An exceptional eye for quality and a relentless drive to improve anything that falls below your standards.
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- An excellent command of the English language.
- Self-starter who can define strategy and execute with limited guidance.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.