Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold
As the Lead Editor for Toptal’s new thought leadership staffing blog, you will be responsible for ensuring the blog grows as a world-class publication for the staffing industry. Key topics could be around the current and future state of staffing, remote workforces, staffing needs, trends, strategies, etc.
You will be working closely with Toptal’s Enterprise Lead and industry thought leaders to write and curate in-depth studies on the most important staffing trends. You will be responsible for defining and executing the publication’s topic strategy, establishing and maintaining an extremely high-quality bar for all articles, writing articles, and guiding the direction of the Toptal Blog as the top staffing publication on the internet.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
You will research and analyze the work of leading industry publications and define and execute the publication strategy for this new blog. You will work with top thought leaders internally and externally from around the world to publish in-depth research on the most important concepts and trends in staffing. You will display the ability to define what an A+ Toptal blog study looks like and ensure that all pieces published meet this quality bar. You will work with experts to showcase their expertise in a world-class publication designed for an Enterprise audience. You will stay on the cutting-edge of staffing industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments, and reviewing relevant articles published by other thought leaders.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn about Toptal’s Enterprise offering, understand their needs and workflow, and begin to define the voice for the Publication.
- Partner with the Publications team to take advantage of the suite of resources available.
In the first month you will:
- Work closely with the Director of SEO to get a fundamental understanding of the teams, product, and business operations.
- Work with thought leaders across a variety of disciplines to showcase their expertise through educational studies (practical, theoretical, and/or conceptual) designed for an Enterprise audience.
- Define what an A+ Toptal staffing study looks like and ensure that all pieces published meet this quality bar.
- Define and execute the publication strategy for the Toptal blog.
In the first three months you will:
- Publish your first article on the Staffing blog - focused on A+ topics which resonate with our target audience.
- Work with top industry leaders and partners from around the world to publish in-depth research on the most important concepts and trends in staffing.
- Develop distribution techniques to grow the impact of the blog.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments and providing intelligence to the Toptal team by reviewing relevant articles published by competitors and media outlets in the space.
- Optimize the site experience based on SEO and analytics.
In the first six months you will:
- Scale by onboarding additional editors to build up the cadence and visibility of the publication.
In the first year you will:
- Run a full-fledged publication, consistently working to improve the quality and impact of the publication via partnerships and assets across Toptal (PR, events, community, etc).
- First and foremost, you must have 5+ years in the staffing industry with a knowledge base to be a thought leader in this space.
- Strong knowledge of what important trends will be relevant at the top of the staffing world.
- Experience in creating content and/or articles that are relevant to an Enterprise audience.
- Demonstrated interest in SEO: you can talk us through a number of approaches and tools for SEO. Moreover, we want to hear your prior SEO success stories.
- Comfortable with a high-paced, and often rapidly changing, environment with a strong emphasis on individual contributions and execution excellence.
- Curious: you are curious in how things work and why. You are not satisfied with a superficial knowledge of how something works or why users take a certain action.
- Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- You must have an exceptional eye for quality and a relentless drive to improve anything that falls below your standards.
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- You must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- You must have a superb command of the English language.
- You must be a self-starter who can define strategy and execute with limited guidance.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As the new VP of Brand Marketing, Corinne is responsible for growing Toptal into a well known and admired brand. She oversees brand strategy, Enterprise/SMB awareness campaigns, content strategy, social media, events, publications, and community engagement. She joined Toptal from Ogilvy & Mather in New York where she partnered with global and national brands including Coca-Cola, IBM, Motorola, Weight Watchers, Johnson & Johnson, L’Oreal, Showtime, Verizon, BlackRock, Time Warner Cable, among others. Corinne is passionate about making brands matter in the world and has spent her career working to do just that.