Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, finance, and project management talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As the Lead Editor for Toptal Finance, you will be responsible for building a world-class publication for business consultants (finance) from the ground up. You will be working closely with Toptal’s Director of Business Talent and Director of Finance as well as Toptal’s global network of elite strategy consultants to write and curate in-depth, thought-leading studies on the most important trends in the business world. You will be responsible for defining and executing the publication’s topic strategy, establishing and maintaining an extremely high quality bar for all studies, and positioning the publication as the top finance publication on the internet.
This is a remote, full-time position that can be done from anywhere.
- Research and analyze the work of leading publications in the industry, including HBR, McKinsey Quarterly, and NYT DealBook.
- Define and execute the publication strategy for Toptal Finance.
- Work with top strategy consultants to publish in-depth research on the most important events and trends in finance and the consulting industry.
- Define what an A+ Toptal Finance study looks like and ensure that all pieces published meet this quality bar.
- Work with leading business figures across a variety of disciplines and industries to showcase their expertise through educational studies designed for an audience of other top strategy consultants.
- Work with a world-class team of designers and editors to ensure that all pieces published feature compelling visuals and clear, concise thinking.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments and providing intelligence to the Toptal team by reviewing relevant articles published by competitors and media outlets in the space.
- Create briefings for Toptal senior leadership ahead of key conferences and press events.
- Support the development and publication of press releases as needed.
- Prior writing experience, preferably including a focus on finance-related topics.
- Strong knowledge of important events and trends across multiple industries at the top of the business strategy world.
- Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- An understanding of the legal code of conduct guidelines as they relate to publishing and journalism.
- Experience interviewing technical subject matter experts and the ability to quickly understand complex products and market dynamics.
- You must have an exceptional eye for quality and a relentless drive to improve anything that falls below your standards.
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be a self-starter who can define strategy and execute with limited guidance.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal's co-founder and COO, Breanden drives Toptal's growth by building world-class teams and operational infrastructure spanning 40+ countries to meet the talent needs of Toptal's 10,000+ clients. As a frequent writer, Breanden has published articles on leadership of distributed teams and hypergrowth company culture. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, talent, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales. Breanden has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University.