Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, finance, and project management talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As the Editor for Toptal Insights, you will be responsible for contributing towards building a world-class publication from the ground up, centered around the themes of On-Demand Talent, High-Performing Distributed Teams, Hypergrowth, and the Future of Work. You will be working closely with executives, team leads, and domain experts to create in-depth, thought-leading articles, white papers, videos, and more. You will be responsible for growing Toptal Insights into the top publication on the internet in its space.
This is a remote, full-time position that can be done from anywhere.
- Research and analyze the work of leading publications that publish on the future of work, professional services, the freelance economy, labor, agile talent, high-performing distributed teams, and hypergrowth.
- Help define and execute the publication strategy for Toptal Insights.
- Work with executives, team leads, and domain experts to publish in-depth research on the most important events and trends in the future of work.
- Work with leaders at Toptal client organizations and partners (Fortune 500 executives, published authors, professors, etc.) to develop thought leadership to showcase on Toptal Insights that combines their expertise with Toptal’s domain knowledge.
- Help define what an A+ Toptal Insights post (article, whitepaper, video, etc.) looks like and ensure that all pieces published meet this quality bar.
- Work with Toptal’s Sales, Operations, and Marketing Teams to strategically plan out the best ways to showcase our expertise to an audience of prospective clients, primarily at enterprise organizations.
- Work with a world-class team of designers and editors to ensure that all pieces published feature compelling visuals and clear, concise thinking.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments and providing intelligence to the Toptal team by reviewing relevant articles published by competitors and media outlets in the space.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with a focus on being able to distill complex, nuanced topics into understandable and actionable pieces of content.
- Strong experience in business leadership writing, particularly focused on team building, scaling companies, and/or executing projects.
- Strong knowledge of important events and trends across multiple industries at the top of the business strategy world.
- A strong understanding of the tech industry, including familiarity with software development teams and software delivery.
- Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- Experience interviewing technical subject matter experts and the ability to quickly understand complex products and market dynamics.
- You must have an exceptional eye for quality and a relentless drive to improve anything that falls below your standards.
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be a self-starter who can define strategy and execute with limited guidance.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal’s Director of Operations, Dror works with teams across the company to build their strategic direction, execution frameworks, KPIs/analytics, and team structures, helping Toptal teams evolve to support and drive Toptal’s continued growth. Dror leverages in-depth experience working within a range of Toptal’s operational teams to ensure best practices are surfaced, adopted, and evolved across the company. Dror has a BSE in Chemical and Biological Engineering and a minor in Computer Science from Princeton University.
- As the VP of Enterprise, Michael is responsible for driving the rapid scaling of our Enterprise business by establishing processes, service offerings and strategies to take our business to the next level. The Toptal Enterprise team is responsible for developing relationships with leading organizations around the world, and helping those organizations leverage the power of Toptal’s global talent community. With a consulting and entrepreneurial background, through his various leadership roles at organizations such as Accenture and Slalom Consulting, Michael has worked with teams around the world, serving clients at some of the world’s largest companies.