Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As the Lead Editor for Toptal Insights, you will be responsible for contributing towards building a world-class publication from the ground up, centered around the themes of the Future of Work, High-Performing Distributed Teams, On-Demand Talent, and Hypergrowth－with an Enterprise focus. You will be working closely with Toptal’s Enterprise Lead, executives, team leads, and domain experts to create in-depth, thought-leading articles, interviews, white papers, videos, and more.
You will be responsible for leading the Insights team in executing the publication’s topic strategy, establishing and maintaining an extremely high-quality bar for all articles/content, and guiding the direction of Toptal Insights such that it becomes the top digital publication and authority within the growing future of work, staffing, and contingent talent space.
This is a remote, full-time position that can be done from anywhere. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
You will create our strategic positioning and conduct research that helps to continuously evolve our positioning, while also serving as an advocate for change in the industry. You will research and analyze the work of leading publications that publish on the future of work, the freelance economy, agile talent, high-performing distributed teams, and hypergrowth while helping to define and execute a consistent publication strategy for Toptal Insights. You will work with executives, team leads, and domain experts to publish in-depth research on the most important events and trends in the future of work. You will work with leaders at Toptal client organizations and partners (Fortune 500 executives, published authors, professors, etc) to develop thought leadership to showcase on Toptal Insights that combines their expertise with Toptal’s domain knowledge.
You will work with a world-class team of designers and editors to ensure that all pieces published feature compelling visuals and clear, concise thinking. You will help define what an A+ Toptal Insights post (article, whitepaper, video, etc.) looks like and ensure that all pieces published meet this quality bar. You will stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments and providing intelligence to the Toptal team by reviewing relevant articles published by competitors and media outlets in the space.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Partner with the Publications team to take advantage of the suite of resources available.
- Learn about Toptal’s Enterprise offering, understand their needs and workflow, and begin to define the voice for the Publication.
In the first month you will:
- Define and execute the publication strategy for Toptal Insights.
- Work with thought leaders across a variety of disciplines to showcase their expertise through educational studies (practical, theoretical, and/or conceptual) designed for an Enterprise audience.
- Define what an A+ Toptal Insights article looks like and ensure that all pieces published meet this quality bar.
- Work closely with Toptal’s SEO team to get an understanding of how Insights will integrate with this function.
- Develop an understanding of Toptal Insights’ key metrics and how to measure them.
In the first three months you will:
- Work with the Head of Publications and Growth team on distribution techniques to grow the impact of Toptal Insights.
- Work with top industry leaders and partners from around the world to publish in-depth articles within Insights’s scope.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments and providing intelligence to the Toptal team by reviewing relevant articles published by competitors and media outlets in the space.
In the first six months you will:
- Be fully immersed and familiar with all Toptal processes and tools.
- Work closely with the Enterprise team to develop projects to further Insights’ direct impact on their bottom line.
- Support the publishing of a few dozen articles, contributing to Insights being a thriving publication.
In the first year you will:
- Run a full-fledged publication, consistently working to improve the quality and impact of the publication via partnerships and assets across Toptal (PR, events, community, etc).
- Be seen as an expert at writing, editing, content research, promotion, distribution, and publishing.
- You must have 3+ years in the talent/staffing industry with a knowledge base to be a thought leader in this space, particularly within an Enterprise scope.
- You must be a self-starter. You will have multiple partners across the organization, but you’re expected to define opportunities and take on more responsibility as Insights scales. You will not only be a writer, but also an interviewer, a strategist, and ultimately drive tangible impact for the publication.
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with a focus on being able to distill complex, nuanced topics into understandable and actionable pieces of content.
- A personal interest/passion/curiosity for the changing workforce and technology, with excitement to learn more from experts and thought leaders in the space.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- You must have an exceptional eye for quality and a relentless drive to improve anything that falls below your standards.
- You must have a superb command of the English language.
- Strong attention to detail and the drive to consistently improve.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #west #midwest #south #northeast #europe
North America, Europe