Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As the Lead Editor for Toptal Product and Project Management blogs, you will be responsible for ensuring the blogs grow as world-class publications for top product and project managers. You will be working closely with the vertical leads for Toptal’s Product and Project Management verticals, and Toptal’s global network of top product and project managers to write and curate in-depth, thought-leading studies on the most important trends in the industry. You will be responsible for defining and executing each publication’s topic strategy, establishing and maintaining an extremely high-quality bar for all articles, and guiding the direction of the blogs to be the top authority on Product and Project Management.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
You will research and analyze the work of leading Product/Project management publications, in order to define and execute the publication strategy. You will work with top product and project managers from around the world to publish in-depth research on the most important concepts and trends in the space. You will display the ability to define what an A+ Toptal Product or Project Management study looks like and ensure that all pieces published meet this quality bar. You will work with network experts to showcase their expertise in a world-class publication designed for an audience of other product and project managers. You will stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments, and reviewing relevant articles published by other thought-leaders.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn about Toptal’s Product and Project Management offerings.
- Onboard onto the Publications team by working closely with the suite of resources available to you.
In the first month you will:
- Publish your first article on the Product or Project Management blog - focused on A+ topics which resonate with other experts.
- Work with top product and project managers from around the world to publish in-depth research on the most important concepts and trends.
- Work with network experts across a variety of disciplines to showcase their expertise through educational studies (practical, theoretical, and/or conceptual) designed for an audience of other top product or project managers.
- Define what an A+ Toptal Product or Project Management study looks like and ensure that all pieces published meet this quality standard.
- Define and execute the publication strategy for both publications.
In the first three months you will:
- Work with the Head of Publications on distribution techniques to grow the impact of the publications.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments and providing intelligence to the Toptal team by reviewing relevant articles published by competitors and media outlets in the space.
In the first six months you will:
- Scale by onboarding additional editors to build up the cadence and visibility of the publications.
In the first year you will:
- Run and continuously scale full-fledged publications, consistently working to improve the quality and impact of the publication via partnerships and assets across Toptal (PR, events, community, etc).
- First and foremost, you must come from a Product or Project management background, with a deep technical knowledge base, in order to be a thought leader in this space.
- Strong knowledge of important trends at the top of the Product and Project management industries.
- Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- You must have an exceptional eye for quality and a relentless drive to improve anything that falls below your standards.
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- You must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- You must have an excellent command of the English language.
- You must be a self-starter who can define strategy and execute with limited guidance.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #ustech #canada #UK #europe