Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, finance, and project management talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As the Lead Editor for Toptal Project Management, you will be responsible for ensuring the Toptal Project Management Blog grows as a world-class publication for top project managers. You will be working closely with Toptal’s Project Management Vertical Lead and Toptal’s global network of top project managers to write and curate in-depth, thought-leading studies on the most important trends in the project management industry. You will be responsible for defining and executing the publication’s topic strategy, establishing and maintaining an extremely high-quality bar for all articles, and guiding the direction of the Toptal Project Management Blog as the top project management publication on the internet.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
You will research and analyze the work of leading project management publications and define and execute the publication strategy for the Toptal Project Management Blog. You will work with top project managers from around the world to publish in-depth research on the most important concepts and trends in project management. You will display the ability to define what an A+ Toptal Project Management Blog study looks like and ensure that all pieces published meet this quality bar. You will work with project managers to showcase their expertise in a world-class publication designed for an audience of other project managers. You will stay on the cutting-edge of design industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments, and reviewing relevant articles published by other thought-leaders in project management.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn about Toptal’s Project Management offering and begin to define the voice for the Publication.
- Onboard onto the Publications team by working closely with the suite of resources available to you.
In the first month you will:
- Publish your first article on the Project Management blog - focused on A+ topics which resonate with other project managers.
- Work with top project managers from around the world to publish in-depth research on the most important concepts and trends in project management.
- Work with project managers across a variety of disciplines to showcase their expertise through educational studies (practical, theoretical, and/or conceptual) designed for an audience of other top project managers.
- Define what an A+ Toptal Project Management study looks like and ensure that all pieces published meet this quality bar.
- Define and execute the publication strategy for Toptal Project Management.
In the first three months you will:
- Work with the Head of Publications on distribution techniques to grow the impact of the Project Management Blog.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments and providing intelligence to the Toptal team by reviewing relevant articles published by competitors and media outlets in the space.
In the first six months you will:
- Scale by onboarding additional editors to build up the cadence and visibility of the Project Management publication.
In the first year you will:
- Run a full-fledged publication, consistently working to improve the quality and impact of the publication via partnerships and assets across Toptal (PR, events, community, etc).
- First and foremost, you must come from a project management background with a knowledge base to be a thought leader in this space.
- Strong knowledge of important trends at the top of the project management world.
- Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- You must have an exceptional eye for quality and a relentless drive to improve anything that falls below your standards.
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- You must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- You must have a superb command of the English language.
- You must be a self-starter who can define strategy and execute with limited guidance.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Andi is a project manager with over 25 years of professional experience in a wide range of technology consulting roles, including Agile leadership, coaching and transformation, as well as business strategy, change management and project management. At Toptal, she is the head of the project management vertical, overseeing all operations for Toptal's community of digital project managers and clients.
- As Toptal’s Head of Publications, Steph guides the strategy and operations of all Toptal Publications, leading domain experts in researching and creating in-depth thought leadership pieces on the cutting edge of the Future of Work, engineering, design, and finance. Steph brings in experience from her time in management consulting and scaling Toptal's very own hyper-growth design function. She has a Bachelor of Applied Science in Engineering Chemistry from Queen's University.