Lead Generation Events Manager
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As the Lead Generation Events Manager, you will be responsible for the planning, execution, and follow up of lead generation event sponsorships that serve the Toptal Enterprise, SMB, and Projects teams. You will accomplish this by collaborating directly with third party event promoters with whom we have agreements in place to gain a full understanding of all entitlements and timelines, creating a comprehensive event plan for Revenue team activities before, during, and after events; then coordinating with those teams to manage all aspects of execution, follow up, and reporting. By understanding all opportunities associated with an event, you will be expected to help drive successful outcomes for the Sales teams. You will be expected to manage all aspects of event facilitation including assistance in coordinating operational and logistical planning, team travel, staff scheduling, list curation, interactions with event attendees, diligent follow up, and accurate tracking and reporting of activities and progress on an ongoing basis. By managing every aspect of Toptal’s participation in lead generation events, you will drive successful achievement of our team’s annual goals.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Travel to and onsite execution of a large number of lead generation events.
- Review all lead generation event opportunities both in-person and virtual, and create a plan for each individual event’s success.
- Coordinate with the Director of Events Operations to ensure a proper operational plan is in place for each event, then manage operational flow beginning to end, including team travel, scheduling, and support for onsite events/coordination; and scheduling of all activities for virtual events.
- Coordinate with sales leadership to identify appropriate event attendees.
- Comprehensive organization of event attendee lists, including identification of appropriate leads by team (Enterprise, SMB, etc…) and acquisition of contact and other pertinent information.
- Coordination of appropriate messaging and outreach from the Sales teams to event attendees before and after each event.
- Active facilitation of 1:1 meetings between event attendees and the Toptal Revenue team, whether in-person or virtual.
- Onsite management of any bolt on events such as dinners and other such Toptal managed gatherings.
- Maintain detailed tracking all event attendees as well as the Sales teams’ interactions with client prospects before, during and after each event.
- Actively manage post event followup by the Sales teams.
- Curate monthly and annual reporting on event outcomes and successes.
- Interpret event data to make informed decisions on future participation.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Familiarize yourself with the overall Toptal events schedule.
- Learn more about Toptal’s overall event strategies, including past events successes and learnings.
In the first month, expect to:
- Travel to two events with existing Toptal events team members.
- Familiarize yourself with attendee list curation and Salesforce.com reporting.
- Get to know the Sales teams and Sales Leadership.
- Contribute to operational planning and strategy on upcoming events.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Coordinate directly with third party event promoters and begin coordinating events on your own.
- Work with the Director of Events Operations to create detailed plans for specific events.
- Travel to five or six events, many on your own, acting as the primary lead.
- Begin to curate event lists, pre event outreach, and post event follow up.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Travel to 10-12 events as the onsite events team lead.
- Work with Sales Leadership to identify Toptal event attendees.
- Coordinate with the Director of Events Operations to create detailed plans for upcoming events.
- Independently host pre-event briefings for the sales teams.
- Provide insight and evaluation on events you have managed with an eye to future event selection.
In the first year, expect to:
- Travel to up to 20 events as the onsite events team lead.
- Proactively identify and schedule all Toptal event attendees for lead generation events.
- Independently coordinate with the Director of Events Operations to create full logistial plans for all lead generation events.
- Independently lead list acquisition, analysis, and curation before, during, and after events.
- Lead all pre and post event outreach to 3rd party attendees.
- Independently manage detailed tracking and reporting of all lead generation events.
- Proactively work with the sales teams to drive desired outcomes from event leads.
- Prepare a data driven set of recommendations for the following year’s lead generation events selections.
- Frequent travel within North America and Europe.
- Willingness to wear many hats and support the broader team as needed.
- A minimum of three years of outside sales experience.
- A minimum of two years event management experience.
- A strong desire to achieve desired sales outcomes.
- Expertise in Salesforce.com and other event planning software preferred.
- Understanding of email compliance laws including CAN-SPAM, GDPR, etc.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.