Lead Growth Product Manager
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We are looking for a Lead Growth Product Manager to collaborate across our Growth Marketing team as well as cross-functionally to conceive and execute initiatives and experiments to consistently grow our quality and quantity of inbound clients and freelance talent! This role will involve a mix of leadership and hands-on work. You will direct a team of Growth Product Managers that will focus on Traffic Acquisition (SEO), Enterprise Leads, and Freelance Talent Leads; you will guide your Growth PMs to succeed in our ultimate mission of driving sustainable growth.
In addition, this role is directly responsible for our most important squad: SMB (Small to Medium Business) Leads. You will lead the engineers and designers on your team to rapidly test and iterate on growth hypotheses to acquire SMB clients. On any given week, you may be building new landing pages for SMB Clients, UX improvements, or executing SEO-focused tests. This position is part-marketer and part product manager.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Lead 3 team members deliver on our OKRs and ultimately drive sustainable growth for Toptal.
- To continuously formulate and execute on a roadmap to drive inbound growth, you’ll partner closely with our VP of Growth Marketing.
- Facilitate meetings and workshops that drive collaboration, prioritization, and improve impact, ensuring that good decisions get made.
- Establish effective relationships across a wide range of teams in the business.
- Establish a shared understanding of business priorities and strategy within your squad and your partners.
- Define and prioritize detailed objectives and specifications for initiatives ranging from landing pages, UX improvements, user engagement tests, technical SEO improvements, nurture flows, and more.
- Coordinate the creative development of design specifications, including ensuring that all work is high-quality and meets goals.
- Conduct high-quality and detailed qualitative and quantitative research to evolve and inform the direction of product development.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal - meet the teams and people you will have long-term working relationships with.
- Partner with your manager to get a fundamental understanding of the teams, goals, and processes.
- Work closely with the SMB Leads squad (engineers, designer, and copy-writer) to explore our history, assets, roadmap, and unexplored opportunities that you can lead.
- Independently start to study and learn the Toptal platform and product suite.
In the first month, expect to:
- Take over independent stories and initiatives, driving them to execution with the teams, validating they are delivered accurately, and measuring success.
- Work alongside the VP on execution of larger initiatives, ensuring designs meet requirements, initiatives are well-defined, and everything is delivered to specification.
- Start attending the relevant agile rituals such as planning, daily standups, and retros - we want you to get acquainted with Toptal processes through doing.
- Begin to dive into user behavior using our analytics tools and platforms to provide insight into the Growth team and your squad to inform the product roadmap.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Take ownership of your team roadmap, coordinating design, engineering, and content where required.
- Ensure that your teams are accurately staffed, collaborating with engineering, design, and content strategy when necessary to recruit and onboard more people.
- Contribute ideas and facilitate workshops and discussions for new experiments and initiatives.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Be able to demonstrate a clear measure of your impact through business results, your partner relationships, and execution excellence.
In the first year, expect to:
- Drive significant impact on revenue growth from inbound clients and talent, using the latest thinking in user experience, growth hacking, SEO, lead nurturing and conversion optimization.
See the list below as a guide. We are interested in hearing from intelligent, driven people with prior experience in product management and/or digital marketing. Does this sound like you? Please apply!
- A BA/BS degree, preferably in an analytical field - coding skills are a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years of professional experience in either product management or growth marketing with solid exposure to product management, meaning you have led engineering and design resources.
- 2+ years of people leadership experience within the product and/or growth scope of work
- Experience leading design and engineering teams, driving the development of high-quality landing pages and digital experiences that effectively accomplish business goals while maintaining brand standards.
- Experience with online growth, SEO, and performance marketing.
- Intermediate level quantitative analytics skills, including at least basic SQL skills.
- A knack for building simple and effective user interfaces and the ability to communicate ideas and direction through mockups and wireframes.
- A foundational understanding of design thinking, user research, and user testing.
- An extremely sharp eye for detail and a strong sense of what types of creative products will be both effective for growth and representative of the Toptal brand.
- Ability to thrive in rapidly changing environments, with a strong willingness and ability to eliminate ambiguity and execute.
- You are the type of person that craves accountability rather than shuns it.
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- A background in web development or an understanding of core fundamental concepts would be advantageous.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.