Manager, Market Insights - Industry Research
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is looking for a Manager of Market Insights - Industry Research to join our Market Insights team. The ideal candidate will lead a holistic approach to syndicated market research that furthers Toptal’s understanding of industry trends and drives marketing, product and GTM strategies. We are looking for someone with a strong background in industry analysis and research with a solid understanding of syndicated research and data vendors. This person has the curiosity, work ethic, and experience that allows them to take business questions from stakeholders and translate them into research frameworks and provide insights that drive decisions. The ideal candidate will leverage data from other sources such as search trends, social listening and new monitoring tools to drive holistic insights along with syndicated research.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in North America. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Partner with Toptal’s leadership team to understand business questions that can be answered through market research.
- Propose appropriate industry research methodologies and data sources that most effectively provide insights that drive strategy.
- Own end-to-end onboarding and operationalization of syndicated research vendors including identifying the right vendors and vetting available data and research for credibility and granularity that will address Toptal’s business needs.
- Communicate research findings and insights that are actionable and impactful.
- Leverage other data sources to augment findings from market research such as social listening, news monitoring, search and other online trends to provide comprehensive insights.
- Partner with the senior leadership team across Toptal’s business functions and align on the type and cadence of insights and create a portfolio of insights reports that are proactively shared at the desired cadence.
- Integrate market insights into strategy and planning workflows to inform and drive impactful business decisions.
- Work with the business analytics team on making research and data available within Toptal’s data infrastructure for easy access and analysis.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Become acquainted with the teams, product, and business operations.
- Familiarize yourself with industry research currently available to the team.
In the first month, expect to:
- Work closely and align with stakeholders across Toptal on industry insights needs and start planning a roadmap to onboard syndicated research and data sources to deliver the insights.
- Prioritize and onboard research and data that will drive impactful marketing decisions.
- Get familiar with social listening and other tools if you do not have prior hand-on experience.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Start establishing yourself as the go-to resource for all questions related to understanding the industry landscape and trends.
- Integrate insights into strategy and planning workflows.
- Work with the business analytics team on making research and data available within Toptal’s data infrastructure for ease of access and analysis.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Establish a steady cadence of impactful industry research insights that are shared across the Toptal leadership team.
- Identify additional opportunities for research and data that could further improve business decision making based on industry trends.
- 5-7 years of experience in industry research.
- Experience running market research end-to-end from understanding research objectives, selecting the appropriate methodology, managing research vendors and sharing insights with stakeholders and the executive team.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, analytics, business, liberal arts, economics or related field.
- Ability to understand business objectives and identify opportunities to apply market research methodologies to drive decisions to achieve them.
- Ability to work with senior leaders and stakeholders with a broad range of business objectives and questions and translate them into actionable industry/market research.
- Desire and ability to work beyond traditional market research including social listening, news monitoring and competitive analysis to produce multi-faceted, comprehensive perspectives on Toptal’s client and talent personas and competitors.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.