Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
The Toptal Community currently hosts and sponsors many events across the world every day, ranging from exclusive technical conferences in Argentina to panel discussions in NYC to networking events in Croatia.
As the North America Community Lead, you will work with a high-energy team whose job is to grow the Toptal community and engage and support thousands of Toptal experts from around the world, with a focus on recruitment and engagement in North America. You will work with dozens of local leaders to organize events and encourage learning, communication, and collaboration, accelerating the already thriving Toptal community. You will also focus on Toptal’s sponsorship initiatives on a global scale, working with the team to manage a large budget, determine which conference sponsorship opportunities are suitable for Toptal, and help Toptalers get placed as speakers at relevant conferences.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere with the opportunity to travel in North America. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
You will be responsible for regularly traveling to a variety of North American cities to meet with conference organizers, planning and executing events, and building relationships with local tech communities. You will be working with the Community Team to define and execute creative, geographically-focused recruitment initiatives by partnering with and supporting tech and entrepreneurship organizations in cities across North America. You will contribute to weekly team meetings and strategy sessions by monitoring, optimizing, and reporting on community growth and engagement metrics, including identifying and prioritizing geographic areas that have a high potential for improvement. You will also be responsible for devising and executing plans for each sponsorship to ensure that we maximize the positive impact it has on our community, including securing speaking slots for Toptalers, inviting relevant local partners, and capturing media collateral during the event.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Gain a deep understanding of the roles and priorities of key stakeholders.
In the first month you will:
- Familiarize yourself with the local community leaders and what makes their communities unique.
- Begin to facilitate, plan, and host events both online and in-person.
In the first three months you will:
- Use a data-driven approach to identify strategic growth opportunities within your region with an emphasis on recruitment, retention, and engagement.
- Identify new regional leaders who can further the impact within your region.
In the first six months you will:
- Identify outreach and partnership opportunities and ensure communication with key contacts happens successfully.
- Know the ins and outs of the Toptal Community and begin to leverage Community assets in all Toptal functions.
- Grow and empower other Community Leaders to achieve consistent and measurable engagement and success.
In the first year you will:
- Fully understand and navigate the ins and outs of the Toptal Community.
- Influence and be a key player in new, high-impact initiatives.
- Make it happen. You will be a primary force in driving and shaping new avenues of opportunity for all aspects of the Community philanthropic function at Toptal.
- You should be based in North America, or be willing to regularly spend extended periods of time in North America.
- While a technical background is not required, you must be excellent at using data and quantitative approaches for decision making.
- You must be energetic and proactive, with strong interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- You must be a self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
- You must be an excellent leader with an exceptional ability to explain complex concepts clearly while dealing with multiple projects and priorities.
- You must be comfortable with all aspects of global recruitment, and you must always be an outstanding Toptal ambassador, including frequent communication both with the Toptal Community and with external sponsors.
- Ability to thoroughly research opportunities and prioritize them based on impact.
- Ability to analyze data and quickly identify and prioritize opportunities or areas of concern.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #midwest #south #northeast #ustech #canada