North America Sales Manager
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We are looking for a Sales Manager to join our energetic, rapidly-growing SMB outbound team! At Toptal SMB is defined as companies with up to $500M in annual revenue and 1,000 employees. In this role, you will be responsible for a high-performing full-cycle sales team; coaching, training, and developing each team member to reach their full potential. The ideal candidate for this role is a high-energy sales leader with a passion for outbound sales and hunting new logos. This role is perfect for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, naturally leads by example, and isn’t afraid to work alongside their team when needed. We’ve been in a massive hyper-growth mode for three consecutive years and you will be a pivotal part in continuing our growth!
This is a remote position. However, we require applicants to reside in-market. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
Leadership: As a Sales Manager, you’ll be in the driver’s seat and expected to innovate and implement our proven best practices for a new and rapidly growing team here at Toptal.
Team Management: You will coach, teach, and train your team members to succeed. Since it’s not always smooth sailing, you must also be comfortable taking appropriate action when individual performance is not meeting expectations.
Talent Development: You’ll have an active role in recruitment, onboarding, and talent development for team members. You’ll also have the opportunity to give performance evaluations and offer coaching and collaboration with training programs.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal leadership.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our team members, and our story.
- Become acquainted with the team members that will be reporting to you.
In the first month, expect to:
- Complete our personalized sales training program, and gain an understanding of who our clients are and why they choose Toptal.
- Complete Toptal’s vertical-specific training, familiarizing yourself with the full range of offerings we make available to our clients.
- Have met with every member of the Sales Leadership Team and SMB Business Development Sales Team.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Develop your strategy to increase performance and productivity for your team.
- Mentor, coach, and train members of your team to deliver results and execute the strategy which you have set. Set goals for individuals on your team.
- Deliver detailed presentations to cross-departmental business partners covering metrics, key takeaways, and action plans based on data analysis.
In the first six months, expect to:
- To see meaningful improvement in your team’s results.
- Regularly assess team performance against previously determined Key Performance Indicators and utilize sales enablement and operations to continuously improve.
- Continue to build, coach, and mentor team members guiding them to achieve greater success.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have an optimized, well-run outbound sales function that maximizes our ability to capture the market demand of Toptal’s SMB prospects in a profitable way.
- Continue to drive a culture of high performance, continuous improvement, and record-breaking results.
- Proven. You have experience leading a team of at least 4 reps. You also displayed a high level of success in your previous sales role(s) and want to take the next step in your career. You are always viewed as a leader among your peers. You have strong knowledge of sales tools such as SFDC, SalesLoft, and Zoom info and feel confident in coaching others in these tools.
- Accountable. You have no problem taking ownership of your results and areas of opportunity. You focus on what you can control and hold your team members accountable for raising their own bar consistently.
- Critical thinker. You have strong analytical and problem-resolution skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and support creative solutions rooted in data.
- Resourceful. You are a growth driver, a self-starter, and passionate about innovation. You flourish when you have the freedom and accountability to lead a team under the strategy you set.
- Proactive. You understand our mission and will do the work required to drive us to that goal, without being told. You are not reactive.
- Excellent communicator. Communication is the lifeline of your relationships both internal and external to Toptal, and the remote nature of our company makes this attribute essential.
- Collaborator. Nothing we do is done in isolation. Your success depends on your ability to work as a team both within Toptal and externally with our clients.