Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, finance, and project management talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As the Onboarding Specialist, you will bring your enthusiasm and passion for Toptal to each interaction you have with new and existing team members. You will take ownership of initial onboarding processes including meeting with new hires, assisting in onboarding with tools and technology, and making sure newcomers have what they need as they join the team at Toptal. Your competency with HR and onboarding best practices will ensure you are able to answer questions thoroughly and accurately.
Your natural ability to be resourceful is essential as you will continuously look for opportunities to jump in in order to make improvements and deliver value to the organization as a whole. You will help to organize and improve overall processes as well as build the infrastructure to support the growing needs of the organization. Your ability to be a strong communicator and active listener will quickly earn you the reputation of a true Toptal Ambassador.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
You will jump in quickly and partner with newcomers and assist with their onboarding tasks. Leveraging the variety of tools available to you, you will display your ability to be resourceful in order to quickly accomplish tasks and drive initiatives forward. You will shadow teammates cross-functionally to learn best practices and continue to gain ownership of onboarding newcomers. You will assist in building infrastructure to create a world-class experience from onboarding to ongoing People Operations support. You will build relationships through all of your interactions and grow into a trusted problem solver for newcomers.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Work with the People Ops team to begin to understand Toptal’s onboarding processes.
- Learn about the core of the Toptal service by shadowing calls with clients and talent.
- Explore Toptal’s tools and resources and understand how they are currently used.
In the first month you will:
- Handle Onboarding and HR responsibilities confidently.
- Begin to identify areas for improvement.
In the first three months you will:
- Update current processes and collaborate on new initiatives.
- Manage HR and onboarding items including employee onboarding and offboarding, responding to notices, compliance reviews, auditing, etc.
In the first six months you will:
- Reflect on your observations since you started and identify where there are additional areas for improvement.
- Continue to fine-tune current processes and implement new ideas and initiatives.
- Gain ownership over customized onboarding plans for a subset of roles.
In the first year you will:
- Continue to strategize and implement new scalable improvements as the organization grows.
- Be viewed as a Toptal Ambassador.
- 2+ years of directly applicable HR onboarding experience working with cross-functional teams.
- 1+ years of experience with employee benefits.
- Strong knowledge with a variety of HRIS systems.
- You must be proactive and love interacting with others.
- A self-directed learner who can pick up new technologies with minimal direction.
- You must have an exceptional ability to deal with multiple priorities.
- You must have outstanding attention to detail.
- You must understand and value the importance of operational efficiency.
- Experience creating onboarding materials and training documents that are professional and polished.
- Positive, can-do attitude
- You must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- You must have the ability to communicate with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- Experience working 100% remote preferred.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems is a plus.
- Ability to work well with team members across all functions of the business.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Alisa has extensive experience as an HR leader, with a focus on developing HR infrastructure for small business and start-ups. She has a background as an educator, and specializes in coaching, developing, and motivating employees and teams. She has been with Toptal since 2015.
- Cassidy has experience as a Benefits Administrator, Office Manager, and Culture Champion. At Toptal, she works with hiring managers to strategize and plan newcomer onboarding and develops training programs for specific roles. She has a BA from the University of Iowa.