Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold
As an Outreach Specialist, you will prospect, qualify, and engage with relevant sites and prospective partners online to promote our blog and increase our authority online. You will own the process from beginning to end and beyond. You will also collaborate with the Director of SEO to create link-worthy content and request new content or content changes when opportunities arise.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
You will be responsible for prospecting sites based on relevancy, qualifying sites, and gathering correct contact information. You will be responsible for reaching out and trying to establish a connection. You will also be responsible for monitoring inbound communications, building relationships and partnerships, and following up effectively.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal - meet with the teams and people you will have long-term working relationships with.
- Familiarize yourself with the structure and operations of the Outreach team.
- Work closely with the Outreach Managers to get a fundamental understanding of the teams, products, and business operations.
- Work closely with the team to dive deep into our history, assets, roadmap, and unexplored opportunities that you will be able to lead.
In the first month you will:
- Take ownership of strategic projects at their initial stages or join relevant existing initiatives.
- Dive into how we do SEO research to understand our process completely and craft new methods to share with the team. We only hire hands-on people who take initiative.
- Understand the ins and outs of your role completely.
In the first six months you will:
- Launch dozens of outreach campaigns.
- Build up relationships with website publishers and online influencers.
- Propose unique outreach project ideas.
In the first year you will:
- Become an outreach expert, capable of tackling any outreach project like a pro.
- Be a success story in the Growth team. You will be able to show concrete, bottom-line impact thanks to your projects, and you will be imagining the next batch of even more ambitious projects to drive growth for Toptal.
- 2+ years of recent experience on outbound or outreach campaigns.
- Intermediate knowledge of SEO concepts preferred.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Experience with a tool like Outreach.io, BuzzStream, or Pitchbox preferred.
- Experience keeping track of metrics and being able to report them when needed.
- You must be able to thrive with deadlines and competitive goals.
- You must be comfortable with using G Suite apps such as Sheets and Docs
- You must be comfortable collaborating with a team to get tasks completed as well as working independently.
- Genuine enthusiasm and a can-do attitude.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Alejandro is our Director of SEO. His career in technology started at the age of 12 when he founded one of the first Bulletin Board Systems in Argentina. He is the founder of Postcron.com, a SaaS company that helps marketers to manage their social networks. With a background in electrical engineering and control systems, and as an award-winning student of the Engineering School of the Catholic University of Córdoba, Alejandro excels at using mathematical methods to model and optimize marketing systems. As Toptal's Director of SEO, he ensures that Toptal dominates the SERPs, by building the right teams, tracking, and control systems, with an entrepreneurial approach based on creativity and ruthless optimization.