Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As an Editor for the Toptal Finance Blog, you will be responsible for ensuring the Toptal Finance Blog grows as a world-class publication for top finance experts. You will be working closely with Toptal’s Finance Vertical Lead and Toptal’s global network of top finance experts to write and curate in-depth, thought-leading studies on the most important trends in the finance world. You will be responsible for developing and executing the publication’s topic strategy while maintaining an extremely high-quality bar for all articles.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
You will research and analyze the work of leading publications in the industry, including HBR, McKinsey Quarterly, and NYT DealBook. You will work with top strategy consultants to publish in-depth research on the most important events and trends in finance and the consulting industry, and you will ensure that all pieces published to meet the publication’s A+ quality bar. You will work with leading business figures across a variety of disciplines and industries to showcase their expertise through educational studies designed for an audience of other top strategy consultants. You will work with a world-class team of designers and editors to ensure that all pieces published feature compelling visuals and clear, concise thinking. You will stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments and providing intelligence to the Toptal team by reviewing relevant articles published by competitors and media outlets in the space.
In the first week you will:
- Learn about Toptal’s Finance offering and help develop the voice for the Publication.
- Onboard onto the Publications team by working closely with the suite of resources available to you.
In the first month you will:
- Work with top finance experts from around the world to publish in-depth research on the most important concepts and trends in finance.
- Work with finance experts across a variety of disciplines to showcase their expertise through educational studies (practical, theoretical, and/or conceptual), designed for an audience of other top finance experts.
- Define what an A+ Toptal Finance study looks like and ensure that all pieces published meet this quality bar.
- Define and execute the publication strategy for Toptal Finance Blog.
In the first three months you will:
- Work with the Lead Editor for Toptal’s Finance Blog and the Head of Publications on distribution techniques to grow impact.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments and providing intelligence to the Toptal team by reviewing relevant articles published by competitors and media outlets in the space.
In the first six months you will:
- Help to scale up the cadence and visibility of the Finance publication.
In the first year you will:
- Support a full-fledged publication, consistently working to improve the quality and impact of the publication via partnerships and assets across Toptal (PR, events, community, etc).
- Prior writing experience, preferably including a focus on finance-related topics.
- Strong knowledge of important events and trends across multiple industries at the top of the business strategy world.
- Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- Experience interviewing technical subject matter experts and the ability to quickly understand complex products and market dynamics.
- You must have an exceptional eye for quality and a relentless drive to improve anything that falls below your standards.
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter who can define strategy and execute with limited guidance.
- Be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #LI-DNI