Partner Sales Manager - Azure
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Partner Sales Manager to join the Alliances Team and grow our relationship with Azure. We are looking for a results driven individual with strong solutions sales & business development experience.
The primary objective of the Partner Sales Manager is to develop, manage, and close opportunities with and through Azure. The role will necessitate selling Toptal capabilities and Azure Services directly to clients and prospects of both companies.
This is a remote position. However, we require applicants to reside in-market. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Identify, sell, enable, and manage opportunities with Azure as well as our internal Sales, Client Services, and Projects teams.
- Build relationships with Azure Account Managers.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in partner organizations.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives.
- Proactively lead a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Lead early stage opportunities that best address client and prospect needs while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and Azure personnel.
- Drive adoption of company programs with Azure.
- Help coordinate the development of comprehensive proposals for both unsolicited opportunities and in response to customer RFIs and RFPs.
- Document and track all activity through web-based Salesforce automation tools including detailed activity reports, setting tasks for follow-up, lead tracking and probability statistics.
- Update all co-selling opportunities within the Azure Portal and keep Azure Account Managers regularly updated.
- Maintain sufficient knowledge and understanding of the market in which we compete and potential impacts of new and competing technologies.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our value proposition, and our story.
- Learn our sales method and our selling process.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand how you can utilize our incredible global team to build relationships and drive success with them by utilizing Azure.
In the first month, expect to:
- Work with the Alliance Team to establish a portfolio strategy.
- Begin to establish a regular cadence with internal teams and Azure partner managers/sales reps to help proactively identify opportunities.
- Begin to meet with clients and prospects to articulate Toptal’s Azure capabilities and identify where we can help.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Uncover new opportunities with existing accounts and target accounts with Azure that result in revenue-generating engagements for Toptal.
- Begin to build an enablement strategy for internal teams and Azure managers/sales reps.
- Learn how to maintain excellent data integrity in Salesforce.com.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Build new and existing client relationships, expand Toptal’s partnership with Azure through new and existing accounts, and continue to execute account plans.
- Institute a regular enablement cadence for internal teams and Azure managers/sales reps.
- Suggest, implement and experiment with new lead and demand generation activities.
In the first year, expect to:
- Build a revenue generating cadence with internal and Azure teams.
- Continue to expand on an enablement program that helps to proactively uncover opportunities where we can utilize Azure for clients and prospects.
- Become the main point of contact within Toptal for all things Azure.
- A deep understanding of Azure Services and Products (with an Azure Certification preferred.
- Exhibit ownership of the overall Azure relationship and the subsequent successes and failures of the growth in the partnership.
- Experience selling with Azure Account Managers at shared clients.
- Proven track record of managing a sales pipeline, forecasting monthly sales, and identifying new business opportunities.
- Lead informed discussions about the delivery and development of Azure concepts with clients and prospects.
- Deliver educational and sales presentations/demonstrations.
- Build and execute strategic plans that lead to consistent revenue growth and a healthy pipeline.
- Assist in partner and internal marketing activities such as collateral development, webinars, trade shows, PR, go-to-market campaigns, and other promotional activities.
- Educate Azure about Toptal capabilities and go to market strategy.
- Attend sales meetings and partner webinars/conferences.
- Stay current with the latest developments in the marketplace and competitor activities.
- Communicate up-to-date information about new services and enhancements for both Toptal and Azure.
- Utilize internal/external resources to effectively and efficiently identify, sell, enable, manage, and grow partnerships.
- Highly motivated and continuously strive for personal and professional improvement.
- Self-starter who is passionate about hunting for new accounts, and who thrive with the freedom and accountability of leading their portion of the business.