Presales Solutions Architect, Alliances
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is a hypergrowth organization. In response to our clients’ and partners’ overwhelming demand for exceptional talent in new areas, we are expanding the breadth and depth of our offerings to further fuel that growth. As Presales Solutions Architect for the Technical Alliances Team, you will be our customer-facing catalyst who creates possibilities, solves problems, and establishes strategic relationships. In this role, you will partner with Toptal Channel Alliance Managers to achieve sales attainment goals through technical leadership both internally and with our partners. You will participate in the discovery of business and technical challenges to solve problems that map to the needs and requirements of our clients/prospects. You will help facilitate the coordination of domain experts, support resources and partners, and ensure outstanding customer satisfaction. As a Solutions Architect, you will need excellent communication and people skills, a foundation of technical expertise, and a thorough understanding of business processes and IT problems faced at the enterprise level.
This is a remote position, however, we need this person to reside in North America. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with local sales, account management, and technical delivery teams to bring Toptal customers/prospects the best cloud infrastructure and application development solutions.
- Co-sell with, and support, account teams from major cloud technology vendors within shared accounts.
- Discover and analyze customer business and technical problems; apply appropriate solutions to address Toptal’s customer/prospect needs.
- Provide presales technical support for the development and implementation of complex services and solutions.
- Provide trusted innovative thinking internally and with our partners.
- Use deep knowledge of the solutions and the industry to provide technical expertise to sales associates and partners through sales presentations and demonstrations of our offerings; prepare detailed specifications for our offerings.
- Support Partner Development team in the attainment of additional AWS Competencies and distinctions, with subject matter expertise.
- Follow standard practices and procedures for analyzing situations or data.
- Organize, develop, and deliver enablement training around our expertise to our partners.
- Deliver practical technical workshops to our Channel Partner teams virtually and in-person.
This role is highly collaborative and will work extremely closely with our Alliance, Account Management, Sales, and Talent Operations teams to fulfill the above responsibilities.
The successful for this role has a demonstrated capability to:
- Lead & Sell in a highly collaborative way.
- Operate in a high-growth environment.
- Articulate a strategy grounded in an agile execution plan.
- Be comfortable with rolling up sleeves to do the work.
- Walk in the shoes of your audience in order to understand their problems, develop/execute an approach to solve them, and articulate the solution in a clear and compelling way.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal; meet your colleagues.
- Learn about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision, with a focus on the state of our industry, the Future of Work, and the core messages important to Toptal.
- Shadow critical teams throughout the organization to learn Toptal’s core operations and capabilities.
In the first month, expect to:
- Begin developing relationships with key leaders and stakeholders across the organization.
- Dive deeper into the operations of key teams (e.g., Sales, Talent Operations) across the company.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Be a well-integrated member of the organization with positive relationships in Alliances, Account Management, Sales, Marketing, and Talent Operations.
- Be in front of clients/prospects on a regular basis to hear from them firsthand.
- Build your practice and begin positively impacting revenue growth.
In the first six months, expect to:
- See an impact from your involvement in early initiatives.
In the first year, expect to:
- Feel like you made the best decision of your career.
- Increase the growth rate of Toptal materially.
- 5+ years of experience working in sales engineering, consulting, IT architecture, or equivalent supporting strategic accounts.
- Knowledge of and experience with enterprise solutions and architectures like cloud, applications, management, big data, virtualization, and storage especially with AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Understands the application of the AWS Well-Architected Framework, and general cloud best-practices.
- Understanding of cloud economics and cost management.
- Experience working with modern development practices like DevOps or continuous integration (CI).
- Refined relationship development & leadership skills with a track record of success building credibility across all levels of an organization. You can develop positive relationships across the business to partner on key initiatives and gain consensus on processes and strategies.
- Active AWS Certification is a plus.
- Experience selling and collaborating with technology vendors, as a Consulting Partner, is a plus.
- Skilled in the art of communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to take your work, but not yourself, too seriously.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.