Product Designer, Design Systems
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We’re looking for hardworking, self-starting Designers for our Product Design team to help us define our Toptal Design System. You’ll build a beautiful and functional system that is used across the whole product design portfolio.
By joining our team, you’ll get the opportunity to collaborate on a variety of projects with a team of top Designers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid (technology/operations) environment. At Toptal, we push the boundaries of design every single day, and we’d love for you to take this even further!
We don’t cut corners, and we don’t make compromises—we build beautiful product designs that are polished and contribute seamlessly to user experience.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
You will represent design system values and technicalities to the whole Product Design team. You will advocate for good user experience across our website and our products and within our components. You will ship high fidelity designs of new components and their variants and quickly prototype solutions to visual and interaction problems. You will share and review your designs based on peer feedback, user research, testing, and customer feedback. By providing your thought leadership and strategic insight, you will contribute to our evolving brand and design system.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
In the first month, expect to:
- Collaborate with PMs and other Designers to ship your first product features.
- Learn about our design system.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Gain insightful business knowledge and get familiar with internal operations.
- Work on multiple products and features.
- Contribute to our design system.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Help our team to improve by bettering our process.
- Come up with new ideas and features for our products.
- Become the Lead Designer for a dedicated project.
- 8+ years of experience in the field.
- Proficiency with various design and prototyping tools (such as Figma, Sketch, Abstract, Marvel, Principle, Adobe After Effects), as well as knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Previous experience in building, owning and maintaining design systems in Figma.
- An understanding that phenomenal experiences come from collaborative decision-making with Front-End Developers, Engineers, Researchers, Content Strategists, and other disciplines.
- A deep understanding of the end to end iterative UX process (personas, scenarios, wireframing, and high fidelity visuals).
- A passion for solving design problems while owning all facets of design (strategy, art direction, interaction design and research).
- Outstanding UI abilities, a keen eye for good design and an extensive portfolio of live projects.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.