Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Product Designer at Toptal, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact among a group of highly collaborative and smart colleagues who deeply value innovation. People come to our website because they either want to hire expert talent for their business or to join our exclusive freelance network. As the primary designer for our website, your responsibility is crafting and maintaining a seamless and delightful user experience. As our business expands, and our product offering becomes more complex, you will play an integral role in that growth: communicating a cohesive proposition, and ensuring that we provide the right information, in the right way, at the right time for our users. You will bridge the divide between business strategy, design strategy and user experience. You will have access to in-house developers and illustrators, providing opportunities to further expand your leadership skills. At Toptal, we push the boundaries of design every single day, and we’d love for you to help us take this even further. We don’t cut corners, and we don’t make compromises—we create beautiful product designs that are polished and contribute seamlessly to user experience.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. However, the role will require substantial overlap in working hours with European timezones. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
- ‘Own’ the visual design and user experience of our primary URL, toptal.com.
- Be a thoughtful collaborator with the growth marketing team — and as a team continually find ways to optimize the user experience.
- Conduct user research as needed to formulate hypotheses for optimization.
- Ensure brand consistency across the site.
- Deliver well-constructed and well-documented files to development team and provide ongoing consultation throughout the dev process.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Dive into toptal.com to learn what’s working and what needs improvement.
- Work closely with the Growth Marketing team to understand our goals and vision for toptal.com.
In the first month you will:
- Collaborate with Growth Marketers to understand opportunities for improvement.
- Take the design lead on a Growth-led initiative to optimize a component of toptal.com.
- Feel confident in fully self-managing your workload.
In the first three months you will:
- Ensure you are fully integrated with the design team.
- Generate and share ideas for improving the design process.
- Understand the roadmap for toptal.com and know who to reach out to as you take ownership of key projects.
In the first six months you will:
- Be the go-to person for design decisions related to toptal.com.
In the first year you will:
- Have delivered a consistent body of design work.
- Developed a reputation for being a creative thinker and a thorough design researcher.
- Strong advocate for the customer and customer experience.
- You must have solid web design experience (minimum of six years).
- You must have the ability to verbally explain and defend your design decisions.
- Possess a deep understanding of design for growth marketing (lead generation).
- Demonstrable experience in user research and usability testing.
- Ability to provide thought leadership and strategic insight to team members.
- You must have the ability to self-manage and prioritize your own workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Familiarity with the technology and talent industry a plus.
- You must be a self-starter with initiative, creativity, and drive.
- Ownership. You take responsibility for Toptal’s public image.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- You must be highly detail-oriented.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- Experience delivering organized, error-free files to developers.
- You must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- You must be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
For Toptal Use Only: #LI-DNI
GMT-4 to GMT+3