Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As Toptal’s Growth Product Manager, you will work closely with the Growth, SEO, Design and Product Teams to conceive and execute marketing programs and new product tests that drive Toptal’s long-term growth, rapidly testing and iterating on new product and SEO-related hypotheses. On any given week, you may be building a new landing page with our growth team, executing SEO-driven tests on the Toptal site, or guiding the development of new product functionality focused on client acquisition. You will be guiding and prioritizing the work of a team of engineers dedicated to growth-related initiatives.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Work closely with our team of growth and SEO experts to define, prioritize, and execute new product-related growth and SEO experiments.
- Define detailed product briefs for initiatives ranging from new landing pages, user engagement tests, technical SEO improvements, and more.
- Oversee creative development of product briefs, including ensuring that all design work is high quality and meets the business goals of the initiative.
- Define and prioritize the backlog for a team of engineers dedicated to growth-related initiatives and experiments.
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure all product tickets are executed to specifications.
- Work directly with the engineering team to fix bugs and address feature requests related to Toptal’s public-facing website.
- Establish a shared vision among product stakeholders by building consensus on priorities and features leading to launch and execution.
- Specify and research initiatives with extreme detail.
- Effectively use data and analytics to evolve and inform the direction of product development.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to the team on strategy.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Slack.
- A BA/BS degree, preferably in an analytical field.
- 2+ years of professional experience in product management, growth marketing, or product marketing with a proven record of shipping impactful digital marketing projects to life.
- Experience working with design and engineering teams, driving the development of high-quality landing pages and digital elements that effectively accomplish business goals while maintaining brand standards.
- Experience with online growth, SEO, and performance marketing is preferred.
- A knack for creating simple and effective user interfaces and the ability to generate examples through mockups and wireframes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An extremely sharp eye for detail and a strong sense of what types of creative products will be both effective for conversion and representative of the Toptal brand.
- You must thrive in rapidly changing environments, with a strong willingness and ability to eliminate ambiguity and execute.
- You must have the demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- You must be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor first and foremost to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Gabriel is our VP of Growth Marketing. He leads our customer acquisition strategy for both SMB and Enterprise segments. His career in technology started at age 13 when he built a revenue-generating social website. Afterward, he worked in management consulting, growth and product management in companies such as Facebook and InsideSales.com. He earned degrees in Industrial Engineering, Data Analytics, and an MBA from Stanford University. Outside of work, Gabriel enjoys training for long distance triathlons and traveling around the world.
- Dror has a BSE in Chemical and Biological Engineering and a minor in Computer Science from Princeton University, where he was the President of the Engineering Honor Society. At Toptal, Dror helps teams across the company scale through improved execution frameworks, analytics, and hiring practices, ensuring that team operating models evolve to support Toptal’s rapid growth. Dror also spends most of his time traveling, frequently visiting Toptalers and Toptal communities around the world.