Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Product Liaison, you will ensure that the modules of our internal software platform can support our business’s hypergrowth. This role will specifically focus on feature enhancements for the Talent Acquisition and Projects teams but the scope will expand to all of our Talent Operations as needed. You will act as the voice of the customer to scope, prioritize, and launch software features and business processes. This dual role will ensure you are incredibly close to the business platform and constantly on the lookout for efficiency gains, scalability, and general continuous improvement. You will work closely with a cross-functional team that includes product managers, engineers, and designers to define, build, and launch mission-critical initiatives.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Define requirements and scope for features sponsored by the talent acquisition organization
- Collaborate with different Product Management teams on rollout plans and training to support new product features impacting the organization.
Review and provide feedback on designs to ensure proposed solutions are simple and intuitive.
- Track and report on the impact and adoption of feature launches
- Triage incoming feature requests from the users of the platform
Lead user research efforts to ensure the perspectives of different teams and departments are taken into consideration when developing features
- Populate and prioritize feature request backlog with product and engineering teams
- Develop OKRs and ensure they are aligned with the product organization
- Deeply understand new releases to various software platforms to ensure changes will not cause unintended disruption
In the first week you will:
- Learn about the entire product development process to fully integrate with the product team
- Start understanding how the platform works and how it is used by the users
In the first month you will:
- Build a process to triage and prioritize feature requests
- Develop an understanding of all platform initiatives in the pipeline for the team
- Actively be involved in launch planning and announcements
- Develop quarterly matching OKRs and ensure alignment with the product
- Shadow platform users to develop an understanding of their processes
- Explore the database to understand the nuances of the structure and where to find relevant information
In the first three months you will:
- Measure the impact of quarterly OKRs
- Drive the development of software requirements to meet the needs of the business users
- Develop improved operational workflows and create the long term product roadmap
- Work closely with product, engineering, and design teams to ensure on-track delivery of features
In the first six months you will:
- Work with other product liaisons to improve the product liaison function overall
- Consistently reevaluate your OKR alignment to the product and business strategy
- Ensure delivery on large roadmap initiatives
- Own user-acceptance testing, roll-out, adoption and communications of deployments
In the first year you will:
- Deploy and gain adoption from end-users of major components of our internal software platform
- Improve the quality of life of end-users through automation and simplification of the platform
- 1 to 2 years of experience delivering software products
- Strong experience working with SQL
- Data-driven and comfortable using data to make informed decisions
- Comfortable conducting user research
- Detail-oriented in the definition of requirements and mockups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Continuously looking to maximize impact
For Toptal Use Only: #west, #midwest, #ussouth, #northeast, #ustech, #intlenglish, #individualcontributorEurope, #individualcontributorSA, #southamerica, #toronto