Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As a Program Manager at Toptal, you will work in close collaboration with Product Management and lead software engineering teams in the delivery of features and enhancements to a large and complex custom platform, from inception to deployment. You will own the improvement of program and project level practices for the engineering teams, and ensure organizational visibility into milestones, velocity, project plans, and product roadmaps.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Act as project manager for multiple development teams, ensuring a high-quality of User Stories, Release and Sprint Backlog Grooming, Planning, and Retros.
- Collaborate with Product and Development teams, finding innovative ways to deliver on team commitments and milestones.
- Provide Development and Sr. Management ongoing status against delivery of commitments, identify and actively mitigate risks.
- Own driving feature development through every stage of the agile software development lifecycle.
- Facilitate negotiations between stakeholders, product owners, and development in order to surface highest priority work and protect/support the team’s roadmap.
- Manage resources on multiple technical projects and ensure schedules, milestones, and priorities are compatible with technology and business goals.
- Assist Product Managers in prioritizing activities across multiple projects and development initiatives.
- Regularly report on project and program status to executive leadership and other stakeholders.
- Create project and program plans.
- Assist Product Managers in creating Product Roadmaps.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to team members.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Slack.
- A deep background in all aspects of software engineering and the development lifecycle for enterprise applications development, engineering and/or operations at scale, in Agile and Kanban environments.
- Ability to drive large, complex programs and solutions using virtual teams.
- Adept at pragmatically implementing process in unstructured environments, and committed to continuous improvement
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, written communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Comfortable managing changing priorities and building consensus across varied stakeholder groups.
- Great analytical problem solving skills and decision-making abilities.
- Problem solver and technology enthusiast.
- Willingness to learn and innovate in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work through ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal's CTO, Alexander is the technical leader of Toptal's 20+ core engineering teams, focusing on technical innovation across Toptal's state-of-the-art platform and associated products, including building a new programming language that powers Toptal's operational infrastructure and other architectural investments that are core to Toptal's ability to innovate. Alexander has an MA in Applied Mathematics and Physics from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology and has done further research in Computer-Human Interaction at the Institute of Control Sciences of the Russian Academy of Science.
- As Toptal’s co-founder and CEO, Taso manages Toptal’s core team of hundreds of team members distributed throughout the world, with a focus on innovation. Since Toptal was founded in 2010, Taso has led it to become the largest high-skilled labor marketplace in the world. Taso serves on the board of multiple organizations, advising on talent strategy and innovation for Fortune 100s and non-profits. Taso has guest lectured at Harvard Business School, Wharton, and Oxford on talent management and entrepreneurship.