Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As the Project Consultant you will be responsible for working closely with Toptal’s Sales and Projects teams to secure new clients, scope projects, and plan resources. You will be the primary point of contact for new clients, and will be responsible for delivering world-class client experiences, expanding the magnitude of our client relationships through delivery excellence, and serving as the primary escalation point for clients as needed.
To excel in this position, you should have a strong background in selling, solutioning and delivering digital products, and a solid understanding of software development using Agile methodologies.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere, although occasional business travel will be required.
- Work with Toptal’s Inbound Sales team to secure new clients by leading the preparation of client proposals and statements of work.
- Work with Toptal’s Talent Team to identify and secure resources that ensure the right combinations of expertise and skill set for each client project.
- Manage Toptal project managers and software delivery teams in customer engagements.
- Direct the execution and delivery of client projects as needed.
- Brainstorm and execute initiatives for new business development.
- Ensure all projects are delivered successfully and according to Toptal’s process, methodology, and quality standards.
- Manage client expectations and ensure clients provide all necessary inputs during the entire project lifecycle.
- Work with the appropriate teams at Toptal to fully resolve any client issues that may arise during an engagement.
- Build long-lasting, trusted advisor relationships with all Toptal clients.
- Work with the Toptal Projects team to handle overall project management, time estimation, and resource scheduling, including building project plans and estimating the quality and quantity of resources needed for successful implementation.
- Prepare engagement revenue and resource forecasts, timesheets and billing information, and weekly/monthly reports.
- Proactively manage the Project sales pipeline.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Skype and/or Slack.
- 3+ years of experience working in technology consulting, software delivery management, or sales of professional services.
- 2+ years of experience leading pursuits, including preparing proposals, budgets, plans, and statements of work.
- Strong understanding of technology and software development.
- 2+ years of experience working on an Agile software team
- A strong knack for establishing and growing strong working relationships with clients.
- Experience working with distributed teams, including the ability to work effectively as a remote member of a dynamic, distributed team with tight deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills.
- Self-motivated, quick-thinking, and able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal’s Head of Projects, Alan works with Toptal clients to deliver strategic software projects, driving innovation through Agile methodologies. A former Principal Consultant at ThoughtWorks, Alan has delivered complex, mission-critical technology projects across a range of industries, including Financial Services, Oil and Gas, and Payments Processing. He has leveraged a passion for lean, Agile practices and a deep understanding of global delivery models to help internationally recognized firms adopt Agile delivery practices and implement digital transformation initiatives over the last 25 years of his career in technology leadership.
- As Toptal's co-founder and COO, Breanden drives Toptal's growth by building world-class teams and operational infrastructure spanning 40+ countries to meet the talent needs of Toptal's 10,000+ clients. As a frequent writer, Breanden has published articles on leadership of distributed teams and hypergrowth company culture. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, talent, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales. Breanden has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University.
- As Toptal’s co-founder and CEO, Taso manages Toptal’s core team of hundreds of team members distributed throughout the world, with a focus on innovation. Since Toptal was founded in 2010, Taso has led it to become the largest high-skilled labor marketplace in the world. Taso serves on the board of multiple organizations, advising on talent strategy and innovation for Fortune 100s and non-profits. Taso has guest lectured at Harvard Business School, Wharton, and Oxford on talent management and entrepreneurship.