Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
The Toptal network includes thousands of top engineers, designers, finance experts, project managers, and more from over 100 countries, working with leading companies on mission-critical projects.
The mission of the Talent Screening team is to review and screen aspiring Talent that want to join the Toptal network. In joining this team, you will have the opportunity to interact with world-class talent from around the world.
As a Project Coordinator, you will be a valuable member of the operational part of the Talent Screening department. Expect to be working together with multiple internal teams (Sales, Matching, Screening, Supply, Talent Success, and Product) on the creation of new screening processes and paths. Your primary responsibility will be leading requirements gathering, designing, and launching the new screening paths. In addition, you will be responsible for monitoring existing custom screening paths to identify defects or inefficiencies with each path and then set forth timely plans to remedy those issues. We’re looking for a project manager with outstanding communication, organization, and analytic skills.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- End-to-end owner of custom screening paths, from initiation to performance monitoring.
- Gathering requirements for custom screening paths from multiple teams.
- Evaluation and prioritization of requests for custom screening paths based on the defined framework.
- Working cross-functionally (Sales, Matching, Screening, Supply and Product) to achieve stakeholder sign off on projects.
- Playing the lead role in planning, creating, and releasing custom screening paths.
- Responsible for monitoring conversions, speed, dropout, for each assigned custom screening path.
- Drive consistency and documentation across all verticals/specializations.
- Help support Vertical screening leads with capacity plans based on forecasted demand.
- Work with vertical subject matter experts to optimize tasks and screening step content based on desired outcome of the custom screening path.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Become familiar with the various platforms and systems Screening Operations utilizes in screening Toptal talent.
- Meet and shadow key teams across the company to learn the core of Toptal’s operations and business units.
In the first month, expect to:
- Have a full understanding of talent and client journey from an initial application/sign up to start of an engagement.
- Learn and understand existing custom screening paths and the process of creating new ones.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Work cross-functionally with different teams on kicking-off new screening paths.
- Become the end-to-end owner of custom screening paths, from initiation to performance monitoring.
- Establish an effective way of status updates communication for each custom screening path in order to keep relevant teams informed.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Assist the Screening Operation Manager to roll out a new custom screening path standardization framework.
- Begin working on additional projects designed to improve both speed and conversion of talent assigned to the custom screening path.
In the first year, expect to:
- Act as a subject matter authority on the Talent Screening Coordinator role.
- Continue to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Offer insights and ways to improve the success of a custom screening path lifecycle based on feedback, experience and data insights.
- 2-3+ years of project management and related operations experience.
- Experience managing projects through the full life cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or a related field preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Good communication is at the core of everything we do, and you must be a strong communicator able to work with a wide range of stakeholders from senior executives to individual contributors.
- Excellent organization skills and detail-oriented. You are hyper-organized, know how to work efficiently, and prioritize execution.
- Resourceful. You should be a self-starter who thrives on the freedom and accountability that comes with managing your own workflow.
- Adaptable. Comfortable managing changing priorities, learning new skills, and building consensus across varied stakeholder groups.
- Ownership. You are a dependable team member who takes responsibility for your success as well as the success of the entire team.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.