Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, finance, and project management talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
You will be responsible for developing and leading Toptal’s strategic initiatives and partnerships with organizations or individuals that work directly or indirectly with the public sector on a federal level. You will work closely with Toptal’s executive team and team leaders across the company to identify and develop strong, high-value relationships with key people in Washington D.C. that strengthen Toptal’s brand and allow the private sector to take advantage of the considerable resources at Toptal’s disposal.
This is a remote position, but qualified applicants must reside in the Washington D.C. area.
- Identify large organizations or agencies in the public sector or associated with the public sector who are strategically positioned to accelerate the growth of Toptal’s brand and business, with a focus on organizations associated with labor, technology, education.
- Develop strong, long-term partnerships with the relevant parties at target organizations.
- Plan, execute, and maintain a variety of large-scale business development initiatives at the intersection of the private and public sectors.
- Collaborate with the executive team to build and maintain a pipeline of relationships with potential partners, taking responsibility for all stages of the relationship.
- Organize, attend, and represent Toptal at events providing value to top officials and organizations in the Washington D.C. area.
- Close partnership agreements while properly balancing company goals, speed, and potential impact.
- Evaluate the benefits and risks of new partnerships and government relationships across a variety of different potential areas of impact.
- Take primary responsibility for the execution and integration of new partnerships.
- Track, report on, and optimize the performance of partnerships and individual relationships, including identifying issues as they arise, assessing possible solutions, and executing those solutions.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to team members on government-related partnership initiatives.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Zoom.
- A strong history of building partnerships with agencies or organizations that are associated with the US government.
- Experience with labor, technology, and education-related public policy at the federal level, including a strong understanding of the major organizations and political trends in these spaces.
- You must be an energetic, proactive self-starter who is highly capable of identifying and executing the necessary steps needed to drive forward high-value initiatives with limited direction.
- Ability to identify and form relationships with relevant decision makers in the government community.
- An exceptional understanding of organizational structures, priorities, and areas of expertise.
- A tremendous talent for evaluating the ramifications of prospective partnerships and relationships across a number of different planes and the ability to prioritize initiatives appropriately according to company goals.
- An exceptional network of contacts within the government community and the ability to leverage that network to facilitate new opportunities.
- While a technical background is not required, you must be excellent at using data and quantitative approaches for decision making.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As Toptal's co-founder and COO, Breanden drives Toptal's growth by building world-class teams and operational infrastructure spanning 40+ countries to meet the talent needs of Toptal's 10,000+ clients. As a frequent writer, Breanden has published articles on leadership of distributed teams and hypergrowth company culture. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, talent, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales. Breanden has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University.
- As Toptal’s co-founder and CEO, Taso manages Toptal’s core team of hundreds of team members distributed throughout the world, with a focus on innovation. Since Toptal was founded in 2010, Taso has led it to become the largest high-skilled labor marketplace in the world. Taso serves on the board of multiple organizations, advising on talent strategy and innovation for Fortune 100s and non-profits. Taso has guest lectured at Harvard Business School, Wharton, and Oxford on talent management and entrepreneurship.