Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers and designers all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-shelf engineering and design talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we’re primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we’re also committed to creating a world-class environment for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world, and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren’t looking for a job because you’re already killing it, we want you.
You will be on the front line of Toptal’s global PR campaigns. On a daily basis, you will be crafting high quality communications and leveraging contacts and partnerships to increase brand awareness. We are looking for an experienced and skillful PR professional who will be supporting our goal of becoming the #1 choice for both early-stage start-ups and Fortune 500 companies seeking elite talent. To excel at this position, you must have a strong sense of ownership over your work, as well as a strong track record of converting PR initiatives into business growth.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere, but we prefer candidates reside in New York City.
- Assist in the creation and execution of Toptal’s global communication strategy.
- Represent the company as a spokesperson, media liaison and company evangelist.
- Tracking industry events, research and some social media execution.
- Identify and implement opportunities for low/no cost partnership working including with key media and campaign partners to ensure all channels are maximized to best effect, including creating appropriate content for these.
- Assisting with the design and coordination of events, that support and extend campaigns such as regional events, trade shows, visits etc.
- Write and distribute high-quality press releases, pitches and other collateral.
- Provide guidance to company leadership on public appearances and written communications.
- Develop compelling stories about Toptal while being responsive to media happenings.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to team members on government-related partnership initiatives.
- Be a regional area ‘go-to’ developing relationships with key influencers in New York and the East Coast.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Skype.
- 3-5 years of PR experience in an agency or in-house setting required
- Knowledge of the professional services industry is strongly preferred
- Experience building and managing world-class communication strategies for B2B companies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Confidence, diplomacy and persuasion skills to encourage audiences, stakeholders and partners to engage and support campaign activity
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Anywhere, but prefer candidates reside in New York City
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- Breanden has been an engineer, founder, CTO, and consultant in industries ranging from aerospace to financial services to high tech. He has a BSE in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University, where he was previously asked to speak at TEDxPrincetonU, giving a talk on time optimization and resource management. As a Toptal co-founder, Breanden frequently writes about scaling a hyper-growth and distributed company, and he has been featured on the blog of Tim Ferriss, The Huffington Post, and many others. Having been on both sides of the hiring equation as an engineer and team lead, Breanden combines his technical expertise and management experience to ensure that clients, developers, and team members at Toptal continually strive for excellence as the company rapidly scales.
- Saalim specializes in driving growth in organizations. In the corporate world, he was a Senior Executive at News Corp (NYSE:NWS) and Trinity Mirror (LON:TNI), where he led digital growth and transformation. As a Freelance Business Consultant, he's advised the Daily Mail (LON:DMGT) and Telegraph Media Group. His entrepreneurial career, mostly in Marketing or CTO roles, ranges from the cloud security company ScanSafe, acquired by Cisco for $183m, to Skillbridge, a talent marketplace for business consulting that was acquired by Toptal. His career started at the Boston Consulting Group. He was educated at Oxford, Cambridge, and the LSE.
- As a public relations and content marketing professional, Laura has extensive experience in raising awareness and driving leads for startups operating in the B2B, SaaS, and enterprise technology spaces. Prior to joining Toptal, Laura has been the Head of Marketing at Wercker, a startup founder, a PR consultant, and an agency account manager.