Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold
As Toptal’s Public Relations Projects Lead, you will manage the process for all PR initiatives across the organization. Through collaboration with the Head of PR, you will think creatively to contribute new pitch opportunities and implement through to publishing. You will consistently deliver dynamic ideas and creative solutions while demonstrating exceptional news sense and judgment. You will maintain awareness of media-hosted events and industry conversations related to some of the most important and relevant conversations happening today: employment, jobs, work, gig economy, digital nomadism, future of work, and the digital economy. You will ensure Toptal remains a first mover and industry thought leader through event involvement and speaking engagements. With every initiative you manage, your priority will be to ensure Toptal’s public image reflects our top 3% philosophy.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
You will continuously monitor media coverage while managing relationships with external vendors. You will utilize your project management skills to handle every detail necessary to see PR initiatives through from idea to implementation. You will draft strategy documents, detailed project plans, and oversee project timelines to ensure deadlines are met. You will partner with all functions of the business to secure useful information for compelling PR storytelling. Your organizational skills will be evident through your weekly updates providing insight into the progress of all PR initiatives. You will be willing to put in the extra effort projects may take to ensure Toptal’s high standard of quality is never compromised.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Familiarize yourself with existing PR material and files.
In the first month you will:
- Assist head of PR with daily tasks.
- Begin to identify creative pitch opportunities.
In the first three months you will:
- Identify stories and work on pitches.
- Maintain an up-to-date press list by collecting and editing the contact information of journalists and other members of the media.
- Support projects delegated by the Head of PR, including media requests.
In the first six months you will:
- Answer Q&A from reporters and work with the Content or Technical team to edit before submitting.
- Work to secure quotes from clients and story lines to be used for timely press releases related to new vertical launches.
- Reach out to media contacts to build and grow relationships.
In the first year you will:
- Fully support all Toptal PR and media communications and relationships.
- You must be highly detail-oriented.
- Ownership. You take responsibility for Toptal’s public image.
- You must possess the ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
- You must be an obsessive consumer of news and media.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- You must have outstanding written and verbal communications skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- You must display the ability to adhere to and uphold process.
- You must be proactive and solution-oriented, seeing challenges as opportunities to make things better.
- You must have the ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- You must be flexible and adaptable with the ability to focus on different areas within PR as workload fluctuates.
- Experience working remotely with globally distributed teams preferred.
- You must be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #LI-DNI