Publications Operations Coordinator
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
The Publications Operations Coordinator is organized, meticulous, and brings an editorial-minded approach to operations for the Publications team at Toptal.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, Publications; you will work closely with the Director of Operations, Managing Editor, Lead Editors, and the Art Department and will support the day-to-day activities of the fast-growing Publications team. You will support, document, improve, and scale team processes, policies, and tools, including CMS support, as well as ensure the success and growth of Staffing.com, Recruitment.com, and numerous industry blogs and podcasts.
The ideal candidate is a great communicator who can help keep a multiplatform media Publications team running smoothly and efficiently.
- Support the optimization of operations and find creative solutions to help the teams do their jobs more easily and efficiently.
- Facilitate communication to ensure work is happening in sync, across Publications teams and across the company.
- Support the construction and implementation of ongoing communication vehicles to update stakeholders on key editorial initiatives.
- Support the Director of Operations in improving effective editorial outreach to Executives and Subject Matter Experts.
- Assist in the gathering and analysis of data to broadly communicate the Publications team’s progress to goals, metrics, and roadmaps.
In the first week, expect to:
- Learn the basics through Toptal’s thorough onboarding process.
- Meet your colleagues in Publications and Marketing.
In the first month, expect to:
- Understand the mission of each editorial vertical blog and site.
- Become familiar with Publications’ software tools.
- Take ownership of uploading articles to our CMS for publication.
- Review current processes and procedures and catalog opportunities for improvements.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Support executive leadership in ongoing business meetings through data collection and analysis.
- Suggest improvements to our Publications-specific onboarding and freelance writer system.
In the first year, expect to:
- Support our Director of Operations to ensure the growing Publications team runs smoothly.
- Identify further opportunities for improvements and increased efficiencies.
- The ideal candidate has proven experience as a creative problem solver, including working collaboratively in a publishing or media environment.
- Strong communication, prioritization, and organizational skills, as well as being curious, eager, and collaborative.
- At least 3 years in a high-quality editorial environment.
- Sound knowledge of project management software and practices.
- Comfortable with data and charts.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize, and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with great attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter, who does not wait to be told what to do but pushes self and others to improve processes and flow and to find efficiencies for the team.