Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We take great pride in our software’s quality and test automation infrastructure, and we’re always looking for talented test automation engineers to help us reach the next level.
By joining our team, you’ll get the opportunity to work on any of our various projects (e.g., full-blown web apps, REST APIs, client-side apps), with a team of highly skilled quality assurance and test automation experts from around the world. You’ll get to use cutting edge technologies like Cucumber, Watir, and Capybara, every day, and you’ll play a significant role in the development of new product features.
We don’t cut corners, and we don’t make compromises—we create beautifully architected web apps that are polished, fast, well-tested, and a joy to use.
We are remote-only, have no office, and fully embrace a flexible work-life balance. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
- Maintain our sky-high quality standards.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable automated tests.
- Be mindful of the test pyramid; identify and use the right approach and tools, including manual testing.
- In collaboration with other engineers and architects continuously improve techniques, tools, and QA processes to enable a safe and efficient agile development environment and ensure the high quality of the final product.
- Review the work of your colleagues.
- As a true team player, you continuously improve your team’s processes, brainstorm ideas, and communicate your status and progress.
- Mentor other people, provide feedback, and continuously improve yourself.
We are expecting from you to:
- Have 3+ years of quality assurance experience.
- Have a keen eye for detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Have experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus, but not required.
- Consider multiple quality dimensions like user impact, failure tolerance, code maintenance, implementation time, security breaches, and performance.
- Be genuinely interested in technology and love to try new things.
- Solve complex problems but also consider multiple solutions, weigh them, and decide on the best course of action.
- Thrive on providing and receiving honest but always constructive feedback.
For Toptal Use Only: #individualcontributorEurope
GMT-3 to GMT+3