React Engineer — Toptal Main Website
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal’s website receives tens of millions of visits per year and page performance matters. If you love making a browser render a page a few milliseconds faster and serve light and crisp images, then we are your team. If you are a UI-focused engineer who is willing to join the growth marketing department and work on the most business-critical landing pages, we’d love to speak! You can expect to work alongside professionals who care deeply about building phenomenal outcomes through high standards of quality, collaboration, and ethics.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Translate page designs into maintainable React components.
- Build cross-browser solutions optimized for a wide range of devices.
- Cover your code with tests and perform manual testing of new features.
- Quality is a top priority - have attention to details and be comfortable reviewing the work of coworkers and having code reviewed regularly.
- Be a standout colleague: communicate status and progress, brainstorm ideas, and continuously improve the team.
- Mentor team members, provide feedback, and always be improving.
In the first week, expect to:
- Join our Bootcamp team and begin introductions to Toptal.
- Get acquainted with our tech stack.
- Be introduced to our working processes and product backlog.
In the first month, expect to:
- Transition from the Bootcamp team onto your new team at Toptal.
- Start to contribute to software development at Toptal.
- Get a deeper understanding of our technology, processes, and product pipeline.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Actively supply software planning, development, and maintenance.
- Be ready to propose improvements to Toptal’s processes and codebase.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Lead technical initiatives with the team.
- Drive improvements to the codebase and processes.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have a detailed understanding of Toptal’s technical stack, collaboration rituals, processes, performance, and future work.
- Have a clear idea of your career path at Toptal.
- Mentor Toptal’s new team members.
- Proficient in creating maintainable, scalable, and reusable CSS
- Have experience in writing tests using Jest and Enzyme
- Experience in creating design systems is a plus
- Knowledge of SEO is a plus You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.