React Engineer — Toptal Main Website
Toptal’s website receives tens of millions of visits per year and page performance matters. If you love making a browser render a page a few milliseconds faster and serve light and crisp images, then we are your team. If you are looking to build something entirely new as it relates to branding, technology, and user experience this is the job for you. You can expect to work alongside professionals who care deeply about creating great outcomes through high standards of quality, collaboration, and ethics.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
- Translate designs into performant and maintainable code.
- Build cross-browser solutions optimized for a wide range of devices.
- Cover your code with tests and perform manual testing of your features.
- Quality is a top priority - Must be comfortable reviewing the work of coworkers and having code reviewed regularly.
- Be a team player: communicate your status and progress, brainstorm ideas, and continuously improve your team.
- Mentor team members and provide feedback, and always be improving.
In the first week you will:
- Join our Bootcamp team and begin your introduction into Toptal.
- Get acquainted with our tech stack.
- Be introduced to our working processes and product backlog.
In the first month you will:
- Transition from our Bootcamp team into your team at Toptal.
- Start to contribute to software development in your team.
- Get a deeper understanding of your team’s technology, processes, and product pipeline.
In the first three months you will:
- Actively contribute to software planning, development, and maintenance in your team.
- Be ready to propose improvements to your team’s codebase and processes.
In the first six months you will:
- Lead technical initiatives in your team.
- Drive improvements to your team’s codebase and processes.
In the first year you will:
- Have a thorough understanding of your team’s technical stack, collaboration rituals, processes, performance, and future deliverables.
- Develop your career plan at Toptal.
- Mentor Toptal and team newcomers.
- Styled Components
- React Testing Library