Regional Sales Director - East
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Interested in leading a team that drives the rapid growth of our enterprise business by creating innovative strategies and service offerings that bring to bear the power of on-demand, virtual talent? Become a part of Toptal’s incredible growth and help the planet’s top companies change the way they build teams and adapt to the Future of Work.
Toptal is building the world’s most exclusive community, with top talent from over 100 countries. We expertly match talent to our customer needs, on-demand, delivering top talent within 24 hours, 98% of the time. Our execution is outstanding!
We are looking for an accomplished sales leader to coach and grow our eastern sales team which enables the world’s greatest companies to embrace new ways of working. This is a remote position. However, we require applicants to reside in-market. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- As a Regional Sales Director at Toptal, you will be responsible for accelerating Toptal’s expansion into our Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions by leading and scaling our regional sales team. You will play an integral role by targeting, developing and closing high-value clients across the enterprise world.
- To be successful in this position, you will need to be collaborative, empathetic and an especially creative and well-organized salesperson, as well as an excellent leader and critical thinker.
- Function as both a “player” and a “coach”, spending time both operating to close - clients on the front lines and guiding the team’s development.
- Develop account prioritization criteria and work with team members to prioritize their target client portfolios.
- Regularly meet with your team to review activity, provide mentorship to keep things moving forward, share meaningful feedback, and develop coaching plans.
- Evaluate and evolve the team’s short-, medium-, and long-term tactics for establishing Toptal as the leading provider of professional services in the enterprise space.
- Define geographic focuses or vertically assigned industries for members of your team, and enable them to develop strategic enterprise sales playbooks tailored to each client segment.
- Create and execute a plan for scaling the team structure and goals, as well as the interviewing standards and hiring plans needed to achieve these goals.
- Build, maintain, and grow trusted C-level relationships with multiple executives from clients in your team’s portfolio.
- Actively recruit new members to join our rapidly growing team.
- Set ambitious sales goals for your team and the development and guidance of the team to meet and exceed those goals.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our value, and our story.
- Work with cross-functional teams to accelerate our regional growth and drive success.
- Learn our operating model, delivery method, and sales process.
In the first month, expect to:
- Complete our personalized training program, complete with mock calls and role-play scenarios.
- Begin to create a business plan for your region.
- Establish a working cadence with your team and begin to assess individual strengths and potential.
In the first three months expect to:
- Begin to meet with clients, articulate our value proposition, and identify where we can help organizations in your region.
- Provide strategic assistance for your team members.
- Create a holistic plan for your region, including target clients, financial projections, and hiring plans.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Build and lead your regional team.
- Establish a base of new clients that will serve as the foundation for future growth.
- Help your team, expand the footprint at existing accounts collaboratively with other team members.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have built a strong, high-performing region with incredible client accounts and a track record of successful delivery, satisfied clients, and positively engaged team members.
- Have built the foundation of an extraordinary, high-performing team, while continuing to grow both your team and your region’s customer base.
- 5+ years of shown success leading professional service sales including staffing and/or project sales, with relationships ranging from director-level to C-level contacts.
- Confirmed experience as a successful sales team leader at a rapidly growing professional services organization.
- Possess an outstanding individual contributor track record who can both work with salespeople on the front lines and develop and execute coaching plans for the team’s continued development.
- Be a creative, entrepreneurial salesperson with exceptional leadership and critical thinking skills.
- Understand how to navigate a large organization to assess which accounts/projects are in need of our specific resources, as well as the ability to evaluate the merit of creative new tactics.
- Extensive experience building client portfolios of $10M+, including experience with complex service agreements.
- You must be an outstanding individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.