Revenue Operations Manager, Enterprise
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As the Enterprise Revenue Operations Manager, you will be an important member of the Revenue Team, responsible for the Revenue and Sales Operations of the Enterprise Subfunction. The role will report to the Director of Enterprise Revenue Operations and will work closely with the Senior Enterprise Leadership.
This role is perfect for someone who is energized by a fast-paced, high-growth environment, is highly analytical, and is adept at using data to prove/disprove hypotheses and to surface opportunities for improvement. Day to day, you’ll work closely with Enterprise Revenue Leadership Team, Enterprise Operations, and cross-functional business partners. While doing so, you should be comfortable navigating ambiguity to arrive at a positive outcome while remaining agile in your operating approach. Being comfortable making swift progress, rather than holding out for perfection, will be one of the keys to your success in this role and to drive transformational change in the business.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Support Enterprise Revenue Operations team in annual, quarterly, and all planning cadences for Enterprise KPI and metric target setting.
- Act as a consulted advisor to the larger Revenue Operations Team in the creation and management of Enterprise Reporting & Dashboards.
- Track Enterprise KPIs, highlighting business insights to Enterprise Leadership.
- Support Initiatives and management decisions related to Enterprise margins, rates, and pricing.
- Identify opportunities to drive revenue, such as go-to-market strategies, tactics to streamline and enhance customer lifecycle/experience, and potential sales process improvements.
- Lead and support a wide range of processes and projects related to Sales Operations Management, Enterprise Organizational Design and Enterprise Sales Force Capacity planning.
- ENT Client Segmentation.
- Territory Design & Sales Coverage.
- ENT Quota Allocation & Goal Setting.
- Support the larger Revenue Operations Team, acting as a consulted (C) senior stakeholder in the areas of: Pipeline Mgmt. / Forecasting & ENT Sales Effectiveness.
- In coordination with the Director of Enterprise Operations and other Enterprise leadership, support the development of ENT Sales Leadership and the strategies to ensure the Enterprise Sales Teams are successfully set up to continue to propel Toptal’s hyper-growth.
The ideal candidate is highly driven, analytical, organized, and collaborative, and has a strong track record of partnering with multiple business stakeholders to achieve revenue goals.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history and vision.
- Familiarize yourself with the Revenue team’s OKRs, initiatives, projects, and how they are aligned to Toptal’s overall success.
- Meet the Revenue Team and your key stakeholders to begin uncovering individual and team priorities.
In the first month, expect to:
- Learn the true value of Toptal by completing onboarding training, shadowing calls, and meeting with key stakeholders.
- Explore Toptal’s tools and resources to understand how they are currently used.
- Familiarize yourself with sales metrics and dashboards.
- Shadow ongoing projects to become familiar with your cross-functional team and project plans.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Lead new Initiatives that strengthen our Enterprise Revenue Operations infrastructure, increasing the efficiencies and productivity of our Sales Teams.
- In partnership with the COE, build and manage updated sales intelligence dashboards that drive weekly business insights.
- Formalize a high-functioning, agile process to consolidate and prioritize all Revenue stakeholder requests for the Product Team.
- Begin to identify areas for improvement and additional opportunities.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Identify additional areas of opportunity to strengthen the Revenue operations infrastructure, leading integrations, improvements aimed at our sales processes.
- In Partnership with the Sales Enablement Team, ensure we have the best sales productivity tools to drive our Revenue Team OKRs.
In the first year, expect to:
- Become a trusted business panther to Revenue Leadership and other Senior Leadership across Toptal.
- 5+ years of sales/revenue operations experience, with the last 2+ years in a management capacity at a technology or hyper-growth company.
- Strong communication skills for effective verbal and written communications with senior leadership, sales teams, operations specialists and collaborating departments.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to identify opportunities for sales process improvements and develop and implement new strategies to grow revenue.
- Strong financial skills and business acumen to understand sales profitability and opportunities.
- Comfortable working with a suite of tools including CRM (Salesforce), Business Intelligence (Tableau, Salesforce Einstein) and G Suite and/or MS Suite.
- Strong aptitude with Google Sheets and/or MS excel and comfort assessing, manipulating and analyzing data.
- Research and reporting skills to analyze sales data and consumer trends to create sales forecasts.
- Collaborative. Nothing we do is done in isolation. Your success depends on your ability to work with a team and cross-functionally.
- Proactive. Understand our shared mission, and be willing to put in the work required to drive us to that goal.
- Organized. The nature of this role requires that you understand multiple priorities, and the timelines associated with each, and execute with operational efficiency being top of mind.
- Meticulous. Toptal is a very fast-paced environment, which requires outstanding attention to detail and an understanding of key priorities and initiatives.
- Coachable. This role requires the ability to synthesize feedback and put it into action.
- Executive Communicator. In our fully remote organization, strong communication is imperative. Excellent communication in all forms across a wide variety of personality types, roles, and geographies - is paramount to success.
- Future oriented. Recognize today’s sales processes/workflows may bend or break as we continue to experience hypergrowth. Have an eye toward building sustainable solutions able to shoulder 3-5x growth Trusted Business Partner. You must be relationship-driven.
- Innovator. This role favors those experienced in successfully launching externally facing materials to sales teams.
- You don’t take yourself too seriously; you have a sense of humor and are comfortable with sarcasm.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.