Revenue Operations Manager, SMB
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As an SMB Revenue Operations Manager at Toptal, you are responsible for a broad range of areas that support SMB business, including portfolio management, quota development, sales KPI reporting, and business insights. You will have the opportunity to drive operational efficiencies supporting a hyper-growth organization.
This role is perfect for someone who is energized by a fast-paced, high-growth environment, is highly organized, and loves to support Revenue teams to become more efficient and effective. Day to day, you’ll work closely with the SMB Sales Leadership, your colleagues in Revenue Operations, and cross-functional business partners. While doing so, you should be comfortable navigating ambiguity to arrive at a positive outcome while remaining agile in your operating approach. Being comfortable making swift progress, rather than holding out for perfection, will be one of the keys to your success in this role and to drive transformational change in the business. If you strive to establish operational excellence by providing valuable business insights for sales reps and managers into their accounts, portfolios and revenue, which will optimize their productivity and enable them to better serve our external customers, then this role is for you.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
We are looking for someone passionate about driving progress and growth in a sales organization. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing account portfolios, including ongoing monitoring and optimization.
- Assessing the balance and alignment of accounts across our individual contributors and managers. You will assure equitable portfolios while not losing sight of the client experience.
- Developing and managing revenue quotas and targets.
- Prioritizing requests from Sales Leadership and Sales Reps to ensure the highest impact requests are resolved first and at a high quality.
- Working to ensure our lead reassignment process.
- Supporting the work of the Revenue Enablement Team as they roll out new offerings and sales trainings.
- Developing business requirements for product and sales tools requests.
- Enhancing sales workflows by removing administrative burdens, and also recommending efficiency improvements that allow our sales force to spend more time with clients.
- Partnering with Sales leadership team to support on special projects that support business growth including portfolio, account management & segmentation initiatives.
The ideal candidate is highly driven, analytical, organized, and collaborative, and has a strong track record of creating an advising relationship with business stakeholders to achieve revenue goals.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history and vision.
- Familiarize yourself with the SMB Revenue team’s OKRs, initiatives, projects, and how they are aligned to Toptal’s overall success.
- Meet the SMB Revenue Team and your key stakeholders to begin uncovering individual and team priorities.
In the first month, expect to:
- Learn the true value of Toptal by completing onboarding training, shadowing calls, and meeting with key stakeholders.
- Explore the Inbound, Outbound, and Client Services processes and workflows to understand the current state.
- Familiarize yourself with sales metrics and dashboards.
- Shadow the resolution of SMB ad hoc requests through our RevOps request channel.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Lead operational enhancements of our Client Services and Client Specialists, increasing the efficiencies and productivity of our Sales Teams.
- In partnership with your SMB RevOps team, develop and administer quarterly quotas for Client Services.
- Support the portfolio management assessment process and current optimizations.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Begin to identify areas for improvement and additional opportunities.
- Own and optimize the quota development and payout process.
- Build a strong partnership with the Sales Enablement Team to ensure we have strong feedback loops between Operations and Enablement.
In the first year, expect to:
- Be a Subject Matter Expert on all operational aspects of the SMB Sales Teams.
- Become a trusted business partner to the SMB Sales Leadership and other Senior Leadership across Toptal.
- 5+ years of sales/revenue operations experience, with at least 1+ at a technology or hyper-growth company.
- Strong leadership and communication skills for effective verbal and written communications with sales teams, operations specialists, collaborating departments, and senior leadership.
- Experience in portfolio management to create and manage equitable books of business.
- Salesforce reporting and dashboard experience.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet software.
- Demonstrated written and verbal presentation skills to present insights and compelling recommendations leadership.
- Adaptable - The ability to adapt quickly to the evolving needs of a hyper-growth organization
- Collaborative - Nothing we do is done in isolation. Your success depends on your ability to work with a team and cross-functionally.
- Proactive - Understand our shared mission, and be willing to put in the work required to drive us to that goal.
- Organized - The nature of this role requires that you understand multiple priorities, and the timelines associated with each, and execute with operational efficiency being top of mind.
- Meticulous - Toptal is a very fast-paced environment, which requires outstanding attention to detail and an understanding of key priorities and initiatives.
- Coachable - This role requires the ability to synthesize feedback and put it into action.
- Trusted Business Partner - You must be relationship-driven.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.