Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold
In this role, you will have the opportunity to design, build, and scale a world-class sales development team for one of the world’s fastest growing and most disruptive companies. You will need to leverage your experience, skills, and creativity to help us continue our incredible growth, while changing the way organizations around the world build teams. You will be responsible for managing end-to-end Sales Development Operations targeted towards acquiring new enterprise clients. You will build and measure the success of a high-energy team of Sales Development Representatives in collaboration with marketing and lead-generation team members to plan and execute SDR goals, strategy and tactics to grow the Toptal brand.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and develop sales-ready leads and opportunities from lead-generation activities and outbound cold-calling into targeted accounts.
- Interact with prospects via phone and email to explain Toptal vision, identify opportunities, and generate interest.
- Disseminate opportunities to appropriate sales representative, educating reps as necessary about the opportunity and recommending appropriate follow-up action items.
- Hire, onboard, train, and manage SDRs.
- Motivate SDRs to exceed goals through coaching and incentives
- Develop and maintain key performance metrics and dashboards that help the SDR focus on maximizing performance.
- Work with Sales and Client Partner teams to optimize lead and pipeline creation
- Be in constant communication with team members via Slack.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our value proposition, and our story.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand how you can leverage our incredible global team to build client relationships and drive success.
- Learn our sales method and our selling process.
In the first month you will:
- Design and launch an end-to-end SDR function and process based on strategic experimentation, quantitative funnel analysis, and cross-team collaboration.
- Begin recruiting and training your SDR team.
In the first three months you will:
- Build and train your SDR team.
- Prove success of the SDR function and process by successfully generating leads that generate revenue.
In the first six months you will:
- Scale the impact of the SDR function as you optimize the sales development process and build out your team to 20+ people.
- Collaborate closely with the Toptal Growth Team and Enterprise Teams as we execute strategic initiatives.
In the first year you will:
- Turn the SDR function into a highly optimized performance engine.
- Continue to collaborate closely with the Toptal Growth Team and Enterprise Teams as we execute strategic initiatives.
- Be a creative, process-oriented person skilled at building relationships and composing effective communications.
- Have a metrics-oriented mindset with an aptitude for tracking progress and setting and meeting goals.
- Have a talent for writing compelling emails and subject lines for prospecting, directed to a technical/senior audience.
- Be comfortable in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience as a Sales Development Representative is a must.
- Experience with Outreach.io, Salesforce, Hubspot, and modern lead-generation tools is a must.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- As the VP of Enterprise, Michael is responsible for driving the rapid scaling of our Enterprise business by establishing processes, service offerings and strategies to take our business to the next level. The Toptal Enterprise team is responsible for developing relationships with leading organizations around the world, and helping those organizations leverage the power of Toptal’s global talent community. With a consulting and entrepreneurial background, through his various leadership roles at organizations such as Accenture and Slalom Consulting, Michael has worked with teams around the world, serving clients at some of the world’s largest companies.