Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We are looking for an experienced professional who is passionate about sales enablement and continuous improvement. As a champion of quality metrics, this role is responsible for building and maintaining central command of the SMBs suite of processes and dashboards. You will be the primary liaison between SMB Sales, Growth, Talent Operations and Product to develop specifications, present requirements, and coordinate project development within other business units on behalf of SMB.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
In this highly analytical, the Sales Enablement Manager will develop and refine sales process, create and implement sales playbooks, design and rollout training in coordination with Toptal’s Learning and Development team, and champion development of additional sales tools to improve efficiency of the SMB sales team. This role operates under the supervision of the Director of Sales Enablement and Operations and in partnership with Business Analytics. By monitoring and responding to key performance indicators and conducting root cause analysis on any variance, you will ensure that the SMB sales teams are performing at optimum levels and maximizing effectiveness and efficiency.
In the first week you will:
- Learn Toptal’s model, our team members, and our story.
- Begin our 1-1 sales training process which conveys our value proposition, sales process, and delivery method.
- Become acquainted with the cross-functional teams that you will be working closely alongside- particularly Business Analytics.
In the first month you will:
- Assess existing performance dashboards, playbooks, tools, and training programs.
- Work closely with the SMB leaders to identify gaps in process that hinder efficiency and develop actionable plans to address.
- Identify distinct workflows within SMB Sales and develop a plan to refine playbooks, establish KPIs and monitoring tools.
- Determine key handoffs between Growth and Talent Ops business units and coordinate impact analysis of sales process changes.
In the first three months you will:
- Launch new playbooks, sales processes, KPIs and training programs to support SMB’s customer-centric strategy and have them incorporated into the Product platform.
- Complete new training program for onboarding SMB sales team members.
- Roll out management dashboards to monitor KPIs and measure effectiveness.
In the first six months you will:
- Develop a continuous improvement cadence to refine and update processes as the business adapts to changes in the marketplace.
- Continuously monitor processes to identify bottlenecks and refine playbooks to address.
In the first year you will:
- Have successfully enabled the sales team to exceed goals.
- Exhibit a track record of successfully coaching and training SMB employees.
- Be a champion of high sales performance and continuous improvement.
- Knowledgeable. Deep understanding of Toptal’s business flows and a demonstrated ability to utilize data to drive outcomes for SMB sales.
- Experienced. You have experience employing best practices in sales enablement and operations- resulting in a track record of success.
- Critical thinking. This is a highly analytical role, so you must be comfortable working with large amounts of data and be willing to run the numbers to improve results.
- Client Focus. You must be relationship-driven and obsessive about your client’s success- both internally and externally.
- Motivated. You must be highly motivated with a strong work ethic, striving for continuous improvement both personally and professionally.
- Resourceful. You will be responsible for the successful operations of SMB sales - we want self-starters who are passionate and who thrive on freedom and accountability
- Proactive. You must be able to understand our mission and do the work required to drive us to that goal, without being told. You are not here to be reactive.
- Communication. Communication is the lifeblood of your relationships both internal and external to Toptal. You need to reflect excellent communication in all forms, across a wide variety of personality types, roles, and geographies. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate effectively both laterally and vertically among teams.
- Team. Nothing we do is done in isolation. Your success depends on your ability to work as a team both within Toptal and with our more important clients.
- Ownership. You need to exhibit ownership of your successes and your failures.
- Problem Solver. We are a distributed company so life throws in minor challenges beyond the primary problems your role is meant to solve. You need the ability to take those in stride and persist despite setbacks.
- Priorities. The nature of this role requires that you understand the priorities and timelines associated with the direction of the SMB business, and execute appropriately with those in mind.
- As with all roles at Toptal, you must be an outstanding contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #smbest #smbcst #smbmst #smbpst
Anywhere (full remote)