Sales Enablement Manager
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As our Sales Enablement Manager, you will partner closely with the Revenue Senior Leadership team to ensure sales training needs are met for Revenue team members post onboarding.
Your creative approach to problem solving, paired with your eagerness to learn and raise the bar, will help you build valuable partnerships within the Revenue Team. You will help prioritize and execute the sales training needed to optimize the team’s success, while building the infrastructure to support our unprecedented growth. Strong communication skills, and active listening will quickly earn you the reputation of a true Toptal Ambassador.
Successful leaders at Toptal have keen attention to detail, are driven, and have an ability to critically think through problems, all while inspiring their team. Are you up for the challenge?
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the United States or Canada. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
In this cross-functional role, the Sales Enablement Manager will aim to enhance efficiency by developing and refining processes and sales training relevant to our Revenue team. You will partner with the wider Sales Operations and Enablement team to train, pilot and launch materials. This role operates under the supervision of the Head of Revenue Operations and Enablement and in close partnership with the People Team.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal
- Work with the Revenue Operations and Enablement team to begin understanding Toptal’s onboarding processes
In the first month, expect to:
- Learn the true value of Toptal services by completing onboarding training, shadowing calls and meeting with key stakeholders
- Explore Toptal’s tools and resources to understand how they are currently used
- Shadow ongoing projects to become familiar with your cross functional team and project plans
- Partner with Revenue Senior Leadership to identify critical knowledge gaps and opportunities to improve success
In the first three months, expect to:
- Handle Sales Enablement and Training responsibilities confidently, while partnering with Revenue Leadership on existing and future initiatives
- Begin to identify areas for improvement
- Update current processes and content, while collaborating on new initiatives
In the first six months, expect to:
- Reflect on your observations, identifying where there are additional areas for improvement and where we can increase efficiency for Revenue team members.
- Enhance existing processes, while implementing new ideas and initiatives.
In the first year, expect to:
- Continue to strategize and implement new scalable improvements, matching Toptal’s rapid growth
- Be viewed as a Toptal Ambassador and subject matter expert
- 3-5+ years of directly applicable sales enablement experience
- At least 2 years of sales experience as an account executive
- Previous experience using LMS; preferred Lessonly experience
- Proven ability to take projects from inception to completion
- Can create new content focused on all training areas
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand complex issues
- Can develop, apply, and simplify frameworks to facilitate broader organizational understanding, decision making, and action
- Previous experience facilitating sales training
- Collaborative. Nothing we do is done in isolation. Your success depends on your ability to work with a team and cross functionally.
- Proactive. Understand our shared mission, and be willing to put in the work required to drive us to that goal.
- Organized. The nature of this role requires that you understand multiple priorities, the timelines associated with each, and execute with operational efficiency being top of mind.
- Meticulous. Toptal is a very fast-paced environment, which requires outstanding attention to detail and understanding of key priorities and initiatives.
- Coachable. This role requires the ability to synthesize feedback and put it into action.
- Executive Communicator. In our fully remote organization, strong communication is imperative. Excellent communication in all forms, across a wide variety of personality types, roles, and geographies - are paramount to success.
- Trusted Business Partner. You must be relationship-driven
- Innovator: This role favors those experienced in successfully launching externally facing materials to sales teams.
- You don’t take yourself too seriously; you have a sense of humor and are comfortable with sarcasm. This position does sit on our Sales teams, after all.