Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
You will be joining a high-energy team whose job is to introduce clients from around the world to Toptal. You will be speaking on a daily basis with executives, managers, and engineers at companies across an extremely broad range of industries and sizes. To excel at this position, you must have excellent customer service skills, exceptional discipline, be highly motivated, and have a keen attention to detail. You must be fully capable of excelling in a fast paced environment, including responding to consistent challenges, exceeding sales goals, and going above and beyond as needed.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
- Collaborate with the team with regard to claiming and responding to all inbound client inquiries.
- Research clients to better connect with them, understand their needs, and identify critical business opportunities.
- Remain highly knowledgeable about industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Determine client fit.
- Establish new business relationships with prospective clients, taking ownership over the generation of new business for Toptal.
- Track your performance against quantitative goals, brainstorming and executing optimizations as needed.
- Be in constant communication with your team via Slack or Zoom.
- Must have 1-3 years of experience in an Inside Sales, Sales Development, or Sales Support role
- You must have excellent customer service skills, be an exceptional communicator, and have outstanding phone manners.
- You must be highly motivated and continuously strive for personal and professional improvement.
- Develop deep knowledge of Toptal’s value proposition and connect to client’s needs.
- Possess a positive, confident, and determined demeanor.
- Ability and desire to discover pain points and help clients resolve them.
- Capable of flourishing in a competitive environment.
- Must possess world-class time management skills.
- Previous sales experience or a technical background is a plus, but not required.
- Must be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You must be an outstanding individual contributor to thrive at Toptal.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our team members, and our story.
- Begin our 1-1 sales training process which conveys our value proposition, sales process, and delivery method.
- Become acquainted with the cross-functional teams that you will be working alongside to close new business.
In the first month you will:
- Complete our personalized sales training program, including mock calls and role-play scenarios.
- Begin to claim and call leads, understanding their initial needs, overcoming any objections, communicating the value proposition of Toptal, and closing the leads that are a good fit for Toptal and our model.
- Work alongside the cross-functional teams to ensure your prospects are progressing through the funnel.
- Begin closing new business.
In the first three months you will:
- Be fully ramped up and integrated into the team.
- Complete additional vertical specific training.
- Possess a healthy pipeline of prospects that are working through your funnel.
- Exhibit a successful track record of closing new business.
In the first six months you will:
- Have a solid track record of claiming and closing new business by consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Identify areas of process improvement to help increase efficiency and effectiveness for the team.
In the first year you will:
- Begin to mentor new members of the team, helping them learn about Toptal, our model and pass along best practices.
- Continue to capture and close new business along with managing your funnel to consistently meet and exceed sales targets.
- Become a proven, solid and consistent contributor on the team.
For Toptal Use Only: #smbpst #smbest #asia #australia
Anywhere (full remote)